Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 223

Leeedy, FirstEliminator, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well in any event they have been rebuilt. All I have to do now is put the whole thing back together and crank it up.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 16:35
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Ohboy, keep us posted!

Posted on: 2012/4/13 16:54
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
That is the last major operation. Outside of a few minor trim pieces and a good cleaning it will be ready for Williamsburg. Now keep in mind this NOT a 400 point show and will not see any judging field. The Electric fuel pump set up will look like a rube goldberg contraption right out of fibber magees closet. You older guys will get that reference, you younger guys(say under 40) will have to ask.

Posted on: 2012/4/15 9:30
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Sorry didn't follow this thread earlier.
The Caribbean carbs were campaigned because of a flaw in the design and Daytona warned me about it.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=205&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=80

Then scroll down to see Caribbean identifying parts and the fix which was defined in the campaign.

Posted on: 2012/4/15 9:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

AL wrote:
That is the last major operation. Outside of a few minor trim pieces and a good cleaning it will be ready for Williamsburg. Now keep in mind this NOT a 400 point show and will not see any judging field. The Electric fuel pump set up will look like a rube goldberg contraption right out of fibber magees closet. You older guys will get that reference, you younger guys(say under 40) will have to ask.

I would be interested in hearing or seeing more of your pump arrangement. Can picture the Rube Goldberg since I'm intimate with the concept and implementation on my own projects. Also know what the closet reference entails, but can't quite image what you've come up with to warrant the comparison.

Posted on: 2012/4/15 10:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
AL,

You're not implying that it SOUNDS like Fibber's closet when someone opened the door, are you?

As far as being judged, the way this car is modified I think puts it in a class by itself. Have fun!

Posted on: 2012/4/15 15:30
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Guy

I guess some might call it modified even though it is all Packard parts. As such I do not believe that there is a class for it in any event. However I would not set foot on a Packard judging field, even I was threatened with having to re-marry my ex-wife. I have a break at the moment I will go out and take a couple of pictures and post them.

ALK

Posted on: 2012/4/15 15:42
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
O.K.

Here is the hodge-podge set up

Attach file:

jpg  (47.69 KB)
430_4f8b39f23387b.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/4/15 16:14
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
There are a few of us under 50 that might get the Fibber MacGee reference but just under 50.

To misquote Chester A. Riley:
"What a revolting development that is'

Posted on: 2012/4/16 10:51
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h9FGC68YcwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2012/4/16 11:00
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved