Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Posting pics.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Maybe it's just me. I don't know. But there mite be many others that are limited to less than the latest and greatest resources to compute with. I don;t know what the generaly accepted standard is for picture size but i'm guessing anything over 300KB mite cause extremely slow or aborted picture display for the viewer. Most anything under 100KB is great and usualy in the ranges of 30 to 80 KB seems to be most common place.

Is that a reasonable analysis or maybe i'm just so far behind the times that i need somekind of upgrade or what???

Posted on: 2011/7/20 9:41
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: Posting pics.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
you are behind the times....j/k idk

Kev tells me the site goes through and reduces the size of the images we upload to a more managable size on its own.

i sure like that cause i don't have to resize my iphone pics....the website does it for me. thx Kev!

Hank

Posted on: 2011/7/20 9:48
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Depends more on the connection speed and quality. Those on dialup do suffer on the large pictures. With their speed limited to 56K (or whatever it is) a large file takes many many seconds even under optimum conditions--which is rarely the case. With low quality dialup lines, noise causes packet loss so data has to be re-transmitted time and again or gets dropped or corrupted entirely. In dialup or DSL, distance the signal has to travel from the exchange results in a much slower speed and more noise so some may never even come close to the theoretical possible.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 9:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
THanks for the tech update. yes, i'm on dial-up. Only experiencing significant problems recently tho.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 9:52
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
you probably wont like my blog the minute i upload pics, but when Kev's script runs it makes my images more manageable.

i'm on 24 meg fiber here. ;0)

Posted on: 2011/7/20 9:54
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
ok. thanks. Unfortunately i'm at the end of any cable reach and sattilite is grossly unreliable here (many have tried it) . Cell phone is good tho (depending on carrier). Guess i'll just have to live with it for a while.
Thanks for the update.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 10:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
With the crappy weather you guys have been having, would suspect the lines are not in great shape. Do you hear a hissing or static like noise on the line or is conversation fainter. The more of that there is, the worse the data signal. Here, the squirrels have a feast on the lines every so often and after that, usually any time more than 10 drops of rain falls, the phone goes to -----.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 10:02
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Even with DSL, some posts bog down that have a lot of pictures. I don't know if it has to do with the size or not. For instance, the A/C discussion in the for sale forum really takes a long time for me. There are a lot of pictures though. When I look at Wade's Workshop with lots of pics, it loads faster.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 10:21
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Keith, even the best cars barely squeak through.

Attach file:

jpg  (52.85 KB)
757_4e26f28140b0d.jpg 702X415 px

jpg  (39.39 KB)
757_4e26f28c4cc08.jpg 702X415 px

Posted on: 2011/7/20 10:21
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I experience a few dial-up problems from time to time but nothing too frustrating. The only problem recently is the air conditioing pictures that are hitting 1200 - 1500KB.

Even clicking on the link for the large pics itself is very slow to nearly stopped and displays requireing alot of verticle and horiz scrolling.

General web surfing is fast sometimes and slow other times. I can live with that. Frequently i get a "Subscipt Error" wnen surfing the web but that goes and comes too.

Yes, weather conditions and storms have been turbulent here in the Mid-TN area. It's almost unbelieveable but for over 3 or 4 years now no significant storm damage to speak of for an 8 mile radius of the WH area. Thus far it seems to pass around us on both sides. Not sure how long that luck will hold out tho.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 10:23
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved