Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 145

John Sauser, CarFreak, BigKev, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Fuel Tank Removal
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ronaldg
See User information
The thing about the 1941/2 gas tanks is that the neck is attached to the tank. Packard put the tanks in the car and then put the body on the car. There was a service bulletin telling how to get the tank out. Basically they said to bend the frame at the point where the neck touches the frame and this will get it out easier.

Posted on: 2012/12/11 12:46
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

vapackard
See User information
The reference points out that I should have searched harder for an answer. There is a lot of information buried in the digital world. If I'd had the service bulletins and not had the internet, I might have answered my own question.
Of course, the more I learn, the more the project scares me!

Posted on: 2012/12/11 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Butterworth
See User information
On my 1940-180 the tank is held up by the two straps only. However, had to pry it off the top a bit as the tank was stuck to the upper cradles anti squeak material. By the way, you have to disconnect the fuel line and electrical from the sending unit before dropping the tank. On my tank, the filler neck is part of the tank up to the area of the gas cap where rubber connector secured with hose clamps to the actual filler cap part. Just had to lower the tank with the floor jack and the filler neck pulled out of the rubber connector.

Posted on: 2012/12/12 16:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved