Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 158

37Blanche, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: A Rare Bathtub prototype with a dubious story or
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Seeing as it's built on a sedan frame (assuming the VN is correct) I wonder if the convertible chassis frame reinforcements were added? I'd hope so, it would be a shame to see all that nice bodywork and paint flexing.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 14:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
The pictures were taken in 2010 or already previously.

Quote:
...assuming the VN is correct...

Dave, here comes a pic of the VIN plate, which can be found ==> there.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2013/5/14 15:06
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
To get in the rumble seat, put the top down, get in the back seat, take shoes off, lift leg over, step into the rumble, bring the other leg around. Then look at your girlfriend with the expression 'Well?'

O you guys, of course she's wearing slacks.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 15:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Joe:

It would appear that to get into the rumble seat the way you describe means standing on the front (and only) seat, then kind of rolling into the rumble seat, assuming that the rumble seat faces forward, as is usually the case. Stepping from the front seat into the rumble seat would likely cause the victim to literally fall into the area where your feet would go. Whether your girl friend is wearing pants or not, this whole exercise would be awkward, to say the least. Climbing in from the back would be just as uncomfortable. Whoever was the genius who decided that a rumble seat would beat riding in the back seat (like most convertibles of the period) was into a wierd kind of retro fixation. Of course, I personally have never found riding any distances in a rumble seat especially comfortable or romantic, especially when it starts to rain!

Posted on: 2013/5/14 18:35
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved