Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
176 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 174

ElGroucho, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Christmas in South Western Ontario Canada
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning JW...The idea came from Deluxe Canuck(he is always thinking)and not from me. However, I believe that he is on to something for these 'Old Packard Girls' I'm going to give it a try sometime in the next couple of weeks when I'm in the mood to bend and flare pipe. It is cold enough right now to run just fine, but when the weather warms up...it will be a different story. I'll let everyone know what happens.

I also have a Model 'A', a 31 Tudor, but she has a more or less stock engine with a Snyder head, a slightly altered cam with a bit more lift and duration, a 'B' Cam in the distributor, and a 'B' Carburetor, as well as a Mitchell Over Drive. She most likely develops 50 or so Horse Power! However, 'Miss Princess' will tool along at 56 on flat roads at the same RPM as she would normally use for 40 miles an hour. Enjoy your day! Ernie

Posted on: 2015/12/28 13:16
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
By GOD's grace we survived the blizzard wonderfully well, lost a very minimum on livestock, some of my customers weren't so lucky:
http://www.agweb.com/mobile/article/new-mexico-dairy-farms-survive-blizzard-but-20000-cows-likely-wont-naa-anna-lisa-laca/

Posted on: 2015/12/30 9:15
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Now we know, where the snow is. Thanks BDC.

Attach file:

jpg  (16.23 KB)
757_5683f1be9f2da.jpg 428X247 px

Posted on: 2015/12/30 9:51
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Yes we do, so I took advantage of it and started this year with practicing my new year's resolution: drive my packards more often!

Attach file:

jpg  (80.72 KB)
5061_5686e77cf1893.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (128.55 KB)
5061_5686e78e81dcf.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2016/1/1 15:54

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
BDC, when seeing the clarity and the contrast level of these photographs I start to miss the snow, kind of.

Posted on: 2016/1/1 16:02
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
They don't use salt on the roads in the country so I was comfortable enough to take some nice photos.

Posted on: 2016/1/1 16:21

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hey BDC, nice photos! I especially like the one thru the windshield with road just going off to infinity. There was a time when I'd take my '34 out in snow - back in the day when B&W film was popular!

Attach file:

jpg  (136.86 KB)
177_568754952d879.jpg 981X692 px

jpg  (127.61 KB)
177_568754e41772b.jpg 1014X734 px

Posted on: 2016/1/1 23:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
After a real blizzard the snow doesn't melt! I flew into Amarillo once during a big snow event, pretty sure I was the only one in town that night who knew how to drive in snow and ice. Practice makes perfect I guess, when it isn't the normal state of affairs it's really easy to lose the skills.

BDC, your car looks beautiful, snow or no snow. It's in the upper 20's this weekend here and we have friends coming tomorrow, I will probably be giving rides in the Ghost because the roads are clear. We are on the border with Minnesota and they love salt so I'll stay on dry roads in ND. We only have about 8" on the ground now and the roads are clear.

Posted on: 2016/1/2 1:16
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Thanks HA52!
yes I know what you're talking about: when I first moved here after living in the upper midwest and upstate New York I had to laugh how everything turned into chaos after half an inch or snow. They were using road graders to clean the roads, and nobody knew how to drive in it. But if you don't use it you loose it, so now 10 years later I'm 1 of those idiots that don't know how to drive in the snow (usually you got the basics back under control after a day or so).

Posted on: 2016/1/2 10:12

Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved