Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 102

Don Shields, Ernie Vitucci, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Plant Demolition Begins
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
The door you got from me was purchased from the proving grounds… where all the wood was stored.

Quote:

JWL wrote:
Quote:

RogerDetroit wrote:
Hello JWL,

Appreciate the nice comments about the Packard Proving Grounds and our volunteers. Weare having one of our best years ever after nearly two years of COVID restrictions.

On Sunday, Ocotober 16 we have our annual Open House with live, big-band music, food trucks and more. If the weather cooperates we will have 350+ collector cars and about 3,000 visitors.

You need to come out and see us!

Earlier this year I talked with one of your office staff about donating an office door from the Packard plant to the Proving Grounds. I got distracted and time has passed. I would still like to do this and will see to getting it done soon. I have a certificate of authenticity for the door. I doubt I will ever get back there, but you can never tell.

Posted on: 2022/10/10 15:03
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Plant Demolition Begins
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Every now and then there was an accident on the way home from work that would have me detouring through Detroit. You drive down the street and amid the burn outs there would be one well-kept property most likely kept in a family for generations.

I truly feel a pang for those people who are hanging on dealing with the highest water rates in the nation, crooked property tax assessments, crooked auto insurance, crooked foreclosures, and so on.

I knew one Detroiter who caught a heroin junkhead ripping apart the house next door. The dope fiend said he could get $25 dollars for junk. So the guy told him "If you keep the yard clean and cut the grass I will give you $25 so that my neighborhood doesn't look like a dump." He said that junkie was always on time keeping that yard clean.

There is a new arrival in Detroit to add to the city's blight. With the warm winters we been having the termites are moving north. They are in Livonia which is due west of Detroit. Detroit is termite heaven with all those empty structures. Thus, in the future it may be impossible to do anything there.

Posted on: 2022/10/10 18:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved