Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Interior Firewall Material
Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
It would had been easier if I did it when the complete dash was out. However it isn't too bad as the floor is out of the car which so when up on the lift, I can stand and remove things on the firewall while standing.

However I did find a socket that was left on a bolt. Apparently I had left the socket on it when I worked on it two years ago.

Posted on: 2009/12/13 20:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Mine came in and of course it was not correct. I suspect that there is a diffeenc between the open and close bodies. I called quietride who these are actually ordered from by Max Merritt and they said the owner will call me in the morning. I suspect they will want my original firewall insulator to use as a pattern.

Looks fine except for holes in some places and not in others.

Posted on: 2009/12/28 19:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just based on my experience with 1934 Eights, the difference between open and closed bodies is expected, the open cars have a radiator shell about 2 inches shorter, and the cowl has a corresponding reduction.

Posted on: 2009/12/28 20:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Actually the shape was pretty much on except I would have to trim some of the cutout area around the glove box. I would had thought the height be different but it's not.

Posted on: 2009/12/28 21:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
The company quite ride will be sending fed-X to pick up the old firewall to be used as a template. Interesting thing is they sent me two pictures of a possible 32 firewall insulator and wanted to see which one I had been shipped.

Neither matched the one they shipped and one was very close to mine, but still not an exact match but close. I think the pictures were of open vs close though they were labled super 8 and standard 8.

Ken

Posted on: 2009/12/29 22:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved