Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 99

BDeB, Jimmyk, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Packard New Years Resolution
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I have two unexplained dents in the car. I have no idea when or where but one small dimple in the hood and a larger one about 3" in diameter on the roof? I must get those repaired this year. other than these two items I am good to go!

Posted on: 2010/1/1 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Get the new '56 Exec up and running, with the help of Ross Miller.

Add 2 spaces on to my garage.

Go to Gettysburg - we used to live 1/2 hr from there in MD and 2 of our 3 kids went to college there - it's a great town with lots to do and see there!

Packard up!

Posted on: 2010/1/1 19:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
My New Years Resolution that I most certainly will follow though with is going to the PAC National this year.

While there I will be attending the PAC Board meeting and voicing my thoughts on a story the one of their current editors published a few years back.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/1/1 22:18
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
1. Get engine rebuilt
2. get clutch and transmisison rebuilt
3. replace all the bijur plugs
4. paint firewall
5. find an ethanol free gas station in the Portland area. new law loosens up the ability to provide premium non ethanol gas. Now to find one.

Posted on: 2010/1/2 22:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Tell me more about #5. Is this just an Oregon law?

Posted on: 2010/1/3 0:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Yes oregon passed a bill making it legal to sell premium non ethanol gas. I haven't found any gas stations yet. Hopefully some will start selling it in the Portland area. They can though only sell it to boat owners, antque vechicals etc.

Ethanol Free Fuel in Oregon
Comment on this post Posted by Michelle Kautz - July 27th, 2009
Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski signed HB 3497 to amend Oregon's ethanol mandate by allowing fueling facilities to sell premium, higher-octane gasoline without ethanol. House Republican Leader Bruce Hanna and Rep. Tim Freeman introduced introduced the bill.

"HB 3497 will give service stations the choice of selling unblended premium fuel," Rep. Freeman said. "The bill addresses the concerns we've heard from many Oregonians who have experienced problems with the state's ethanol mandate. HB 3497 doesn't repeal the mandate, but better enables loggers, snowmobilers, fisherman and others to purchase the fuel they need to operate their equipment safely and effectively."

Under previous law, retailers are required to sell gasoline that contains at least 10 percent ethanol. Though a 2008 law permitted the sale of unblended fuel for certain non-road uses, unblended fuel has been difficult to access because of distribution and storage issues.

"This bill will allow more retailers to sell unblended fuel to owners of the vehicles and tools who are exempted from the ethanol requirement," Rep. Hanna said. "While improving access to unblended fuel, this new law will give the state's renewable fuel standard an opportunity to work as it was originally intended."

House Bill 3497 exempts premium gasoline, which has an octane rating of 91 or above, from the 10 percent ethanol blending requirement imposed under ORS 646.913. The new law will apply to gasoline sales that occur on or after January 1, 2010.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 3:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hi all,
Mine is to sort out the exhaust pipe muffler from rattling.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVEYONE
Terry

Posted on: 2010/1/3 3:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
You probably need a new muffler bearing
(with apologies - Eric made me do it)

Posted on: 2010/1/3 11:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My 2010 Packard resolution is to complete the "recommissioning" of our 1947 Custom Super Clipper Touring Sedan and take it on a long trip from Austin, Texas to Port Townsend, Washington - and back.

The car had extensive mechanical restoration performed in the mid-80s and has been driven about 1,000 miles since then. All the systems need a thorough going through to make sure they are road worthy. I am finishing up the cooling system and then will turn my attention to the brake system.

(o {} o)

Posted on: 2010/1/3 11:37
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
No problem Randy your right on the button.
Unusual for Eric he,s not normally backwards in coming forwards and is usually correct with all his knowledge of these old cars.
Terry

Posted on: 2010/1/3 11:54
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved