Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 132 133 134 (135) 136 137 138 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
no need to drill the bushing. it is the new type that soaks up the oil from contact with the wick. yes there is new felt in there.

the front bearing is double sealed, but the wick does oil the front felt o-ring piece, which oils the spacer as it turns. so it is still necessary.

good luck on finding your noise, those things can be a pain to trace down.

good to hear from you.

Hank

Posted on: 2012/12/28 9:48
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
bought this on ebay. figured it would come in handy at some point.

I'm not sure what the little angled tool is for though.

Posted on: 2013/1/6 22:56
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i'm converting several family videos from VHS to digital.

i have 2 tapes with nothing but Packards on them that i will be uploading to Youtube soon and posting.

the one i watched last night had the 1987 PAC National Meet in Chicago.

also it had the 11th annual Salado Texas meet on it.

tons of Packards.....so far i'm about 1 hour into it and only half the first tape has been watched.

tons of Packards and people that are WAY younger then they are now.

Mike Franko...i believe i saw you in there...not sure...it was in a two tone blue clipper, 55 i think.

there was some of Jim Hollingsworth's Garage full of cars and parts....at least i think it was him...my Grandpa just kept saying there is Jim...but you couldn't really see him well.

anyways...it'll take a few days, but at least i'm doing something Packard.

Posted on: 2013/1/22 10:54
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Good luck with the conversion, I'm also working on converting my Beta tapes over (no Packards, just family stuff). Will be nice to see.
Wes

Posted on: 2013/1/22 12:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I had a 56 Clipper SuperDover white and Danube blue, but not during the time you mentioned. Maybe my 55 Patrician is at Salado, agate and Topaz.

How are you doing the converting?

Posted on: 2013/1/22 12:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i have betas too, but i need to get a beta player, unless i can take the tape from a beta and put it in a VHS casing so it will play in the VHS...no clue. haven't googled that yet.

Mike,

I'm doing them the same way i did the tape you gave me. video capture device via USB to computer from VCR.

Posted on: 2013/1/22 14:20
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Yes, you will need a beta player, beta and VHS are both different formats. You can still get one on ebay.
Wes

Posted on: 2013/1/22 17:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hank, I sent you a PM. Looking forward to seeing your family's old Packards, when they were new. John

Posted on: 2013/1/22 18:53
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
betas on ebay are way more then i want to spend. i'll just send them off to be converted.

JW, you're right i am very lucky.

the video is uploading to Youtube right now. it is 2 gig and 2 hours long.

when i get all the tapes done i can go back and edit them, but for now i'm just posting the one huge video.

the quality isn't great and the sounds sucks, but its viewable.

here are a few of the things on the video:

Packard National Meet 1987 Chicago/Bug Tussle cruise/11th annual Texas Packard Salado meet/ Salado Packard 1989/Trains/Late 80s new car automotive show with Packards of Forth Worth in attendance at Fort Worth Convention Center/Packard Club Chrstmas party late 80s w/ Hayden Vandiver handing out gifts/Mike Rigsby buying my Grandfather's 47 Custom Super 8 "Old Blue" (this one made me sad)/ Mostly this is about Packards and train, with some parts of my grandfather building onto his house mixed in....but that part isn't long.

there is a white and red 56 clipper that i dont' remember and a red 49 with aTm stickers on it that i don't remember, but i was there as you will see me close the door on it. i have no memory of this car at all.

enjoy....the video is long and my ass is hurting from this chair so i'm gonna get up and wait for youtube to finish. i'll post the link when it is done.

Hank

Posted on: 2013/1/22 20:29
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Hank - I'd like to see the video, as a younger version of me will probably show up in the Salado or Christmas shots. Back when my head hadn't grown up thru my hair!

Posted on: 2013/1/23 11:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 132 133 134 (135) 136 137 138 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved