Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 224

BigKev, Oldcaddies , Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Dyneto Charge Regulator
Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Owen,

Are you saying the VR755 is not correct for my 32?

Echlin VR755 at Napa

Posted on: 2009/12/16 2:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
If you type in CU3 at napa online it brings up a picture of the regulator but says you need to buy it at your local store, not available online.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 2:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Are you saying the VR755 is not correct for my 32?

In a technical sense it isn't correct for any car because it's an NORS part, not an NOS. But it's a functional and near-physical match for O_D #21262, used 33/35. Your 1932 should have an O_D 20530 and I've never had the opportunity to examine one of those so I can't say how close they may resemble each other in physical form. But does any of this really matter, after all, what are the alternatives? The Echlin unit should function fine on your 1932, 99.999% of the folks who see it won't know the difference, and the rest who do know won't care.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 8:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Owen,

At this point, I was just overjoyed to have found some spares for my incorrect one. I'll still look for the correct one, but that's part of my fun.

Maybe I'll put some screws on the side and remove the nut holding the top to make it resemble closer the original.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Maybe I'll put some screws on the side and remove the nut holding the top to make it resemble closer the original

How about giving us the O-D number from your original? Stamped in small #s on the base. I assumed it to be a #21262, but as I said I've not seen a #20530 and if your old one bears that number, then we'd know that the two are pretty much identical in appearance. This would also help to answer future inquiries more accurately.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Just got email from Napa. They said the part in on back order from the factory with no due date. As a result they cancelled my ordered.

I guess too good to be true.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 12:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Owen,

Bring to life an old post. I appear to have found a VR that looks like the one Scott had photos of, and you said was for a 33-35. Hover I can't find any numbers stamped on it except for a 1924 patent date.

Couple of questions.

1. How do these function

2. What's the best way to test them

Posted on: 2010/11/20 0:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
tbirdman, enclosed is a 34 Eight wiring diagram and some specs from the AEA Auto-Electrician's Manual, Edition T which I think will explain the function. Since it's only 3 wires and 2 screws to mount, I'd think it might be easier just to install one and see if it functions. As you'll see from the wiring diagram, if you have Startix, the lead from the regulator goes to that unit; otherwise to the battery terminal on the starter motor.

I hope the information is useful to you. I've not personally had occasion to try to service one as I've not yet encountered a problem with them.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 254.31 KB; Hits: 160

jpg  (253.60 KB)
177_4ce7da5248a4e.jpg 1161X1600 px

jpg  (249.43 KB)
177_4ce7da5d5cae4.jpg 933X1284 px

Posted on: 2010/11/20 9:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
OD,

Thnaks for the info. Based on the picture posted I appear maybe to be missing a wire from the coil cage ove rto the thermostat arms. May see if I can getthis serviced so I have a spare Vr.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 1:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Just bought a new VR755 off of Ebay. My search engine on Ebay finally paid off. Not cheap, but now I have a spare.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 14:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved