Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 210

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: The Bill Allison 55 Patrician
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Personally I like the "Packard, A History" usage. I may be overly sensitive to the idea of calling a book by its editor's name. I don't think ECA was suggesting we actually refer to the book by naming all its authors - he was just making a point. Hmm? perhaps he is one of the authors??

Posted on: 2010/3/16 23:27
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Randy, I think that is probably as good of a short name as any of them.

I think we should probably get back to the Allison thread before the topic gets forgotten. But I can split the "Packard, A History" discussion off to another thread if folks want to continue that conversation.

Posted on: 2010/3/16 23:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Kev,

I don't really want to continue it, but since it came up I thought it would be a good time to address this, since it came up as a diversion from the OT by someone who obviously has a stake in this, and would probably look back here for a reply.

I respect the work that additional authors contributed to the book, and the opinions of how it should be cited. But I believe so many people are familiar with the Kimes name as a way of identifying the work that it would be confusing to leave it off.

So I stick by my original recommendation of using her name first, followed by a reference to the title. I thought "Kimes Packard History would be simplest, but "A" History is more in keeping with the actual title.

So, I'd vote for "Kimes Packard, A History."

Kev, your judgment is final, because references are important to protection for the site, and to keep us on the up-and-up.

So I'd suggest just post one more time with your final word and be done with the topic right here.

Then, On to the ALLISON PACKARD! A very good thread.

Posted on: 2010/3/21 14:33
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved