Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 218

Alvin14, Stefanie, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: A strange Clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
alburton, read your post here and in the owner registry. What a fantastic story. I really hope you are a regular here. I think you will enjoy the people and information on the site.

Thanks!
Jim

Posted on: 2010/4/1 23:05
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
Thank you, so far I have already enjoyed the site. I have a lot to learn and there seems to be references, diagrams and schematics for just about everything on here. I look forward to gaining from the all the information.

Posted on: 2010/4/1 23:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Great looking car and lady. Welcome to Packardinfo. I hope you will enjoy this site as much as we do. Good to see a female owner. Your parents certainly raised you right!!

Posted on: 2010/4/2 1:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Hi alburton - WOW check this out!! I've got your cars brother- just bought this '56 out of Missouri and hopefully it'll be safely here in NY in a few weeks:

Yours is the only other 56 Deluxe I've ever seen in this color combo, there's one in Europe with no white roof.
Mine is all original including paint, and really stripped, with manual transmission, small hub caps, no fender skirts, manual brakes, and black/silver gray interior... so how is your car optioned??!

So a big WELCOME to Packard Info!!
Roger Anderson in NY

Attach file:

jpg  (69.72 KB)
2116_4bb5eeb43d412.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (64.16 KB)
2116_4bb5f10891323.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (76.15 KB)
2116_4bb5f13f73c0d.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2010/4/2 8:20
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
It appears that you do and out of Missouri too that's pretty neat. Mine has the original paint as well but my interior was replaced once but with factory upholstery and colors. Mine is an automatic, manual brakes, radio, heat, no power steering, the larger hubcaps, it does have the fender skirts, and a trailer hitch on the back. I hope yours gets there soon, just in time for driving season.

Attach file:

jpg  (118.00 KB)
2468_4bb5fe64dedb6.jpg 1068X716 px

jpg  (155.83 KB)
2468_4bb5fe89159e7.jpg 1064X716 px

jpg  (105.92 KB)
2468_4bb5fec581adf.jpg 1088X732 px

jpg  (100.83 KB)
2468_4bb5ff0a60ede.jpg 1076X712 px

Posted on: 2010/4/2 9:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Hi Alburton,

That was a great story in the owner's registry. I hope you and your young family enjoy many years of Packard ownership. Maybe we'll see you around some of the shows in the midwest. What a hero your dad is to let you go for your dream. A lesson for all us dads

Posted on: 2010/4/2 9:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
alburton - mine has PS, but manual brakes and trans. I love your turquoise and black interior, was that original do you think? Mine is boring with black and gray... also the exterior color in your 2nd pics looks less blue, what's the color code letter on the metal data plate under the hood? Mine is code "L" Persian Aqua, but in some pics the color looks like yours. My white roof was added later it seems, no code for Dover White. if you take a pic of the data plate, folks here can decode it for you. Also the Packard club - Packard Automobile Classics - has a color chip and color code link so you can see all the colors.

Notice also how mine has a little "Packard" script on the right lower corner of the trunk lid... late 56 cars had that, I think mine may have been built in the last couple weeks of Packard production.

Posted on: 2010/4/2 13:48
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
The color code on the plate is for Tahitian Jade and Dover White, the index has the letters inverted but it was available reversed. The pictures do make the interior look black but it's actually the Light Green Viscose and Green Satin Vinyl which was one of the options for the upholstery. Like I mentioned though it has been replaced once before so even though these are factory colors and materials it may not be the combo it originally left the factory with. And as far as the paint goes, it's old and depending on the lighting and which digital camera is doing the white balance it takes on a different look. But it is much lighter than it once was, the remnants of the original color's depth are still visible any where hidden from the light and other causes of fading.
I like the Packard script on your car. I'm thinking mine may have been produced after Clipper was on it's own. I wonder, is it normal for the data plate to be under the hood? Mine is on the inside of the driver's side door under the top hinge. Which makes me wonder if it wasn't retro fitted with a Packard data plate after the fact?

Attach file:

jpg  (46.28 KB)
2468_4bb6b06ad8404.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2010/4/2 22:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The last Packard to have the vehicle # plate under the hood was the 23rd series, 1950. However for the years that the bodies continued to be made by Briggs (thru 1954), there was a Briggs body number tag under the hood. So yours is right where it should be.

Posted on: 2010/4/2 22:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Some people have been able to find the original build sheets for their cars. If found, be very careful because the paper will be very aged. IIRC places they were put are attached above the glove box or between the vent tube and filler tube by the gas tank. If you are lucky enough to find it, it will have everything that was originally on your car.

Posted on: 2010/4/2 22:17
[url=h
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved