Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 126

jgrohn, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: "The Packard Experience" at the Gilmore
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
1508--the blue Victoria pictured above was in the Dave Thomas collection (founder of Wendy's hamburger chain) near Columbus Ohio. My boss, Ted Stahl has owned it for the past 15 years or so. We recently had the car repainted.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 9:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Thanks. There are many aspects to life in the U.S. in the first decade or so after the war, and likewise before the war. One can look at these years through many different lenses and all tell part of the story. This country and society were never the same following the war. It may have been the most significant defining factor in societal change, except (maybe) for the Civil War.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/6/15 10:37
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Actually George Jepson's working class hero act was just that - an act. The guy was loaded. One of the reasons for the animosity between George and one Packard expert in particular was that he found out about George's hidden assets.

On the plus side George quietly shared some of his good fortune with other CCCA members by paying for things like wheel chair ramps and what not when they became infirm.

I've dealt with enough super rich in my time that I don't care to anymore. And this younger crowd is the worst ever. I wouldn't never consider living in those neighborhoods. Yuk!

Posted on: 2015/6/15 17:16
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Gleason
See User information
I apologize for being a little late posting my pictures from last weekend, I'm new to posting pictures on a photo sharing site. I hope my pictures are posted correctly and do come through.

I spent the whole day on Saturday at the Gilmore Car Museum, I was able to enjoy the exhibits and take a number of photos, most of the shots near the end of day were of cars (mostly Packards) that were returning from the Saturday tour.

As has been mentioned the Sunday show was under the threat of incoming stormy weather, so I did not get as much chance to stop and talk with owners as I had wished and did not get a photo of every car. Every owner that I did speak to was very easy to talk to and proud of their cars.

If the connection works I hope you enjoy the attempts by a very amateur photographer.

Sunday CCCA show
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobgleason/sets/72157653948026919

Saturday at the Gilmore Car Museum

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobgleason/sets/72157654350852112

Bob aka Gangster

Posted on: 2015/6/15 20:09
1937 Packard Six 115-C Touring Sedan
Built in Windsor, ON Canada
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve203
See User information
Thanks everyone for your input on the show. I skipped it due to the threatening weather, as, with the drive time from home, I would have gotten there about noon, just as the wind and rain arrived.

Gangster: I get a 404 error for your pix from Sunday. The Saturday pix page works fine.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 19:43
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bob Gleason
See User information
Steve,

I'm not sure why you are getting that error, however I'm new to that site, I went in to have a look and everything looks ok.

Just to repost the picture album is at <https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobgleason/sets/72157653948026919/with/18462535599/>

I have not heard from anyone else,but possibly nobody has tried to have a look.

Bob

Posted on: 2015/6/21 12:22
1937 Packard Six 115-C Touring Sedan
Built in Windsor, ON Canada
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I had problems with yesterdays link too but it and the new one are both working today. Maybe it took some time for the page to sort itself out yesterday.

Quite an impressive collection of automobiles and the sponsors appear to have put on a top notch show. They certainly didn't skimp on the car identifiers. I guess that must be the standard on prestige shows but It must cost a bundle to make those nameplates resemble license plates instead of just having the usual black on white printed cards so often seen.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 12:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Bob, thanks for posting the link. What a great gathering of Packards. Provided a most enjoyable viewing.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/6/21 14:05
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
It's nice to see not everybody is taking a grinder to the radiator shells on the 32-34 Packard eights and painting them over. Once the grinder hits the metal it's permanent non-original.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 16:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve203
See User information
Thanks for the great pix. Looks like a much better turnout than the CCCA show last year.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 17:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved