Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 221

Packard Don, Bingo, Out Islander, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 14 »

Re: disc brake conversions
Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
the "basic" kit consist of house brand (i.e. usualy chineese made) brake pads and rotors,claipers,hoses, and the adapter brackets.

The "premium" kit will have all the same parts, except the will be brand name,better quality,better warrenty.
the rotors & pads for example will be Wagner Thermo-Quiet products. if i can still get them so will the calipers. if not then the calipers will be Cardone brand.

as far as cost, to your door. that i will have as soon as the run of brackets is done so i can figure the final cost of the kit. i could give you a price right now, but it would not include the brackets.

one other thing to note: 55 and older cars will most likely also include wheel studs in the kits.

thanks, Chad

Posted on: 2010/3/9 23:52
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Applicable bolt patterns? Since 55/56 Seniors and Juniors are different as are 54 Senior and Juniors.

Posted on: 2010/3/9 23:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
as of right now b.k. the plan is 51-56 all. as one rotor should cover 51-56 sr since the bolt pattern is the same for them. jr's just require which ever style rotor. large bolt pattern or small. 50 and older will be avail. soon

Posted on: 2010/3/10 0:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Big Kev deleted spam, editing my post.

Posted on: 2010/5/7 11:43
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Hey Chris (greendragon): any progress on this front disc brake conversion?

Anyone else ever call Scarebird in WA to find out if they were going to produce a set of plates for the 51-56 Packards?

Craig

Posted on: 2010/5/7 16:35
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
very slow progress. my machinest is still covered up with making tooling for john deere's new reman plant. he works on the "kits" when he can but free time for them has been scarce right now. so i'm working on other packard "parts projects" right now. i hope to have the kits out soon and then some reproduction parts for the cars shortly there after.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 19:55
 Top  Print   

Anonymous
Hi,
In todays most modern cars have disc brakes on the front wheels, and some have disc brakes on all four wheels. This is the part of the brake system that does the actual work of stopping the car.The most common type of disc brake on modern cars is the single-piston floating caliper.

car gadgets

(Mgmt: SPAM!)

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

37buscoupe
See User information
Hello, I am placing V8, tremic 5 spd and ford 9" rear in 37 business coupe 115C, how can I upgrade my front suspension, brakes, and steering without taking a torch to the frame? All nine of the big hot rod IFS mfgrs require frame rain cutting. Any ideas? Thank you, Rich

Posted on: 2010/9/2 13:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'd leave the front suspension alone, as whatever you put in it won't be near as good as what you'd be taking out. Plus, all the geometry is already correct, you won't have to mess with setting it up correctly.

Brake kits can be made, it depends on how handy you are with a parts manual and a plasma cutter.

Otherwise, it's time to get the torch out as there's no "bolt on" kits available.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 14:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Don't chop up the frame or suspenseion. I wouldn't even bother with the disk brakes unless uplan somekind of EXTREME duty use such as descending long hills pulling an airstrem or something like that.

Just use the original drum brakes with a MODERN POWER brake master cylinder unit.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 16:40
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 14 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved