Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 213

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 39 40 41 (42) 43 44 45 ... 257 »

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Kev, in 1954 the washer unit mounted a bit behind the battery on the inner fender. There is an all original 54 Cavalier just up the street that has washers, if you want I can get all the details you need. Just list the questions and I'll go take a look and make whatever measurements you want.

Posted on: 2009/3/21 17:16
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks guys. I think you are all right about the Washer mounting on the fender. Here is the Mag-Nu-Matic installation diagram guide from the '55-56 Service manual:

Attach file:

jpg  (109.94 KB)
1_49c57d872e3cc.jpg 1280X667 px

Posted on: 2009/3/21 18:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When I got the washer bracket, it had a sticker similar to this one (not the exact same one, but similar color and shape) . Has anyone ever seen anything like this on the Packard mounted bracket?

Attach file:

jpg  (13.07 KB)
1_49c5a3bef2f21.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2009/3/21 21:34
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
Kev,
Looking at post #418 diagram, does this cover all 1955-56's? My 56 Executive is mounted passenger side down in the fender near the firewall where you almost stand on your head to fill it.

Posted on: 2009/3/21 23:01
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Bill,

That diagram is from the 55-56 Service manual and show no other variants. So I would assume that is the standard Packard location.

Posted on: 2009/3/21 23:04
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You are aware that on cars equipped with push button trans, the operating relays are placed where the Trico washer would normally go, so in that case the washer moves into the deep inside back of the passenger side front fender.

Posted on: 2009/3/22 0:01
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I had a small amount of free time to get some minor work done in garage. So I began to strip all the paint and surface rust off of the hood. Almost there. Just ran out of 40 grit paper for the DA, so hopefully my order arrives tomorrow. Will the fender, hood and trunk lid off the car, and in the garage, they sure do take up a lot of room.

Next I installed the NOS transcooler. I gave it a fresh coat of paint as it had some shelf wear. I am going to check the part number of this cooler as I am not sure if this was a this cooler was a revision or a cooler off of a commercial chassis. The reason I say that is the fitting hole sizes are larger that by old cooler. The old cooler had used a brass elbow fitting that stepped the line size down to the cooler body fitting size. But this cooler, the fitting holes are the same size as the line fittings. So I just need to get a new pair of brass elbow the which are the same size on both ends.

At this point I could have put the radiator back on and filled up the cooling system like I had before the water pump leak as discovered. But I think I am going to wait and run the new cooler line, and new fuel lines without the radiator in the way. Once those are replaced, then I will finish with the radiator.

Attach file:

jpg  (47.08 KB)
1_49d00d86bf5b2.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (70.72 KB)
1_49d00d9ccf46b.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (63.80 KB)
1_49d00dc27ae5b.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (74.46 KB)
1_49d00dd543b28.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2009/3/29 19:10
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i never noticed before, but it looks like you have the screw in style upper and lower inner bushings. cool, never seen them before. ;0)

Posted on: 2009/3/30 8:25
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well not much on the project from. But hopefully this weekend will give me a chance to get a few things done.

I went to NAPA and bought the new transmission fluid lines, and also the new fitting. I had to buy bigger elbow fittings as the tubing inlets on the NOS trans-cooler is larger than the one that came with the car. Perhaps this was a running change, or perhaps this was a trans-cooler for a commercial chassis. Napa only carries the coated lines now. But at least they are protected from rust, inside and out. Also you can bend them my hand and they wont collapse. Pretty neat stuff. I may use that for the fuel and brake lines. You wont see the coated lines underneath the car anyway.

I also finished stripping the entire hood down to bare metal. Its ready for primer.

Tonight I had to get done some minor maintenance on my Colorado. I had to replace a tail-light bulb, which took 2 minutes. But I also had to replace the passenger side low-beam headlight bulb. Holy crap. You have to pull the entire air cleaner assemble out to get to it. What a pain, three bolts (2 different sizes) that required 18" of extension to reach, two different hose connections, and an electrical connection. A lot different than the single wing-nut used on most Packards to remove the air cleaner!

Next weekend I will see what is involved in pulling the rear drums off the Colorado to replace the shoes. Hopefully they just pull off after removing the wheels, if not I guess I will get to use my big berth puller again.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 21:20
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Grrrr..... Ok so I changed that headlight bulb out on Friday, only to have a "lady" change lanes into the side of my truck this evening and break that very light! She also mangle the front passenger fender, corner of the bumper, damaged the rim, and left a mark down the entire length of my Colorado. At least she admitted complete fault my changing lanes without looking. Now I have to deal with her insurance company and the time and hassle to get everything fixed this week.

Not the best day....excuse me in advance if I am a little grumpy in post.

Posted on: 2009/4/12 22:30
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 39 40 41 (42) 43 44 45 ... 257 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved