Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 165

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 115C tail lights
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
How do you remove the crome ring and lens from the taillights on the 37 115cS? Do they twist off or pull off from the bottom or top? Thanks Jim

Posted on: 2012/7/6 22:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 115C tail lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
From the bottom, remove the single screw which holds a tab extending from the inside of the chrome ring. Gently separate the chrome ring from the tail light body at this bottom point, then lever it up as there is a slight metal tab of the tail light body which is wedged under the chrome ring at the top. If yours is fighting, its likely due to rust of the tail light body holding the ring tight to the body. The chrome bezel is brass, not gonna rust, but as these tail lights rust around the body/ring edge, they do get kinda stuck together. Just go at it gently, and you'll succeed.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 22:26
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
My crome rings do not have screws in the bottom they have what looks like a blind rivet head. The ring will twist very slightly.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 22:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
The blind head rivet is in the ring. it holds the tab I refer to that is screwed though the bottom of the tail light body, about 1/4" in, with a slotted screw. If this screw has already been removed, then all you need to do is pry the ring out at the bottom, near this rivet and up and off it will come.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 23:33
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
Thanks for the info I will try it in the next few days.

Posted on: 2012/7/7 0:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Since your tail lights are off and apart, now is the time to install some aluminum foil, shiny side out behind the bulb. I did this in my '47 Super after noting some Cord friends doing it in their funny-looking jalopies. I detest urban light pollution as much as human overpopulation, but anything you can do to enhance our old cars' tail lights is a prudent idea.

Posted on: 2012/7/7 3:50
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
I finally did get the tailight lenses off and as priviously suggested the screw holes had been filled in. I think I will drill new holes and install a dromed screw. I think it will secure the lens and ring better. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2012/7/8 15:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved