Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 228

Todd W. White, kmack58, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Not Packard but col 50s car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
A guy I know found a local 57 Bel Air 2 dr. HT with the double 4 barrel carbs (I think they refer to as 2x4) factory option. The car is completely restored and he's going to buy it for $35K (owners asking price). I've seen cars like that going for $50-$60K. I've seen the car and it's everything it's supposed to be, I thought that was a pretty dang good find and I'm not even a Chevy guy but do appreciate those cars. I'm surprised at their value because there seems to be so many still around. But this find is more rare because it's restored to original specs and those 2x4 carbs are pretty neat setup. Oh well, just wanted to share.

Posted on: 2012/7/28 22:56
 Top  Print   

Re: Not Packard but col 50s car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob
See User information
I have a 1957 chevy 210 4 door all original 235 3 speed standard shift with O/D. The 4 door 57s are almost rare now because they were use for parts cars. Not many 4 doors around with original stuff on them. Everyone has done the 350 combo on the 57s and other tri fives. Just my 2 cents.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 9:17
1953 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Incomes are falling, asset values are falling, tax revenues are falling.

Just four years ago a 57 Covertible 283 converted to stick shift passed through my area for $75,000.

It was a wonderful driving car and the only 50's car that had cougars honking and waving at me.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 9:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I thought $35K is a good deal, probably make some money if wanted to sell it.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 11:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think it sounds pretty good also -- particularly with the two quads. I expect that setup is somewhat like Packards in one respect -- just finding the proper parts would cost a substantial amount. If it has them already, they're correct, and been restored decently, a big plus.

One downside might be if you like to participate in the better shows and hope to win anything. If your area is like others, there are so many similar and good cars around. With a lot of perfect repro parts available and experts who can spot something wrong at 50 paces, the competition is brutal.

Doubt there could be much amiss before someone calls it. To me, always having to be on top of stuff like that would take the enjoyment away. If however, you thrive in that environment then another plus for the car.

That's one nice thing about having a Packard. Sometimes yours is the only one around and most who see it wouldn't know what it was -- the usual question if Ford or GM built it -- let alone if anything was wrong with the car.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 11:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved