Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 240

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Fuel parts rebuilder
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Arthur Gould rebuilders 5R Main St Kings Park, NY 11754.I had my 48 and 56 fuel pumps done by him.Turn around is about 10 days.

Posted on: 2012/9/24 13:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
i recently was recommended to use Arthur Gould Rebuilder. they have a website with all the info etc. i called and they seem good. check them out. arthurgouldrebuilders.com

Posted on: 2012/9/24 13:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've used Gould Rebuilders for decades, Art Gould himself retired and sold the business some years back but I'm sure you'll be pleased with their service.

Posted on: 2012/9/24 14:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
The websitehttp://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CA only lists only 5 stations in CA.

I guess one could make their our Ethanol free gas, with Ethanol gas by adding some water, agitating it until the gas and water separate and skim the gas off the top. But that sound like a lot of work to me.

Posted on: 2012/9/24 15:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

otgdy
See User information
Talk about a small world .. I grew up in the town right next to Kings Park. WOW.. I'll definitely give them a ring.
Thanks for the recommendation.

OTG

Posted on: 2012/9/25 15:26
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Wade Harral
See User information
Fuel pump rebuilding I have used them they are good.
Terrill Machine, Inc.
1000 CR 454
DeLeon, TX 76444
Phone: 254-893-2610

Posted on: 2012/9/26 8:39
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Fuel pumps are very easy to rebuild with basic hand tools. All you need is the kit. Listed in the How To section here on the website is an article on how to rebuild it yourself.

Sometimes I find rebuilding something like this helps to understand how it functions, so if you ever have a problem later, you know how to troubleshoot it.

Posted on: 2012/9/26 12:42
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Here is a pic of a 56 T-Bird double action pump. Boght it from o'reillies a few days ago for $56.00 I'll try to get better pics of the diaghram material that is sticking out a little on the sides if i can get my camera to work up that close. The arm looks rite???

Attach file:

jpg  (21.51 KB)
35_506510904fc82.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/9/27 21:51
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Keith, Are you using the pump on your Exec and if so, just wondering how you are going to plumb the vacuum -- in series from manifold like the pre 55s or as a separate source using the balance valve like the oil pump version was done.

Posted on: 2012/9/29 20:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Still analyzing the pumps arm fit. I don't really like dual action pumps at all. But something i'll try. Havn't determined plumbing for the vacuum side yet but i plan to avoid any intake manifold vacuum exposure to the pump. I don't like the idea of getting fuel vapours into the vacuum diaghram of the pump.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 20:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved