Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 248

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Don't see many of these
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
or at least I don't. To bad the interior isn't correct, looks like a fairly nice car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181036171686&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Posted on: 2012/11/30 18:35
 Top  Print   

Re: Don't see many of these
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I love the two door versions of these bathtubs. 4 doors not so much.

Posted on: 2012/11/30 18:54
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
look closer - not a bathtub (22nd-23rd) but a 21st

Posted on: 2012/11/30 21:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Yes, it's a shame one doesn't see more of these 2103 Super Eights, shame they weren't the majority of their sales volume for those postwar years. They were comparable in size, specs and price opposite the bread-'n-butter volume Cadillac 62 that dominated the segment. Unhappily, the 2103's were nearly invisible in a market saturated with Cadillac 62's.

Packard should have pushed the 2103 Super Eights has their standard bearer rather than the Clipper Six and Eight, limiting the juniors availability, much as Buick did to the Special in deference to the larger, more expensive (and profitable) Supers and Roadmasters. For Packard, it could have begun the change in perception of their cars as primarily medium-priced back to that of an exclusively luxury carmaker. If they needed additional justification, utilizing the limited material supply available to build higher unit profit models to sell into a raging seller's market should have been enough.

Steve

Posted on: 2012/12/1 9:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Well-put, Steve!!!

Posted on: 2012/12/1 9:29
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
I wish he would get the correct battery-they are not hard to find. Esp interested in the trunk but that is not correct. Not sure about the seat etc fabric.

Posted on: 2012/12/1 10:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
What exactly is wrong with the trunk? I'm fairly certain the interior isn't correct, is it? How much is that interior hurting it's value? Even though not correct it's in good shape. I would assume it's an expensive fix.

Posted on: 2012/12/2 0:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
many Packards have over restored trunks.

The fuzzy polyester interior is indeed expensive to fix.

Posted on: 2012/12/2 18:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved