Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
185 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 184

todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Installing fenders & splash aprons on a '32
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I agree with Tim. They are a great bunch of pictures. I got a little side tracked with the radiator and Sylphon today and haven't been able to start this part of the project. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can get there as progress is sometimes painful.

I see that the running board to fenders and splash apron has welting. I've also noted that around the fenders and splash apron there is a metal piece between the welt and the running board. Is it correct to assume that this a peice of chrome plated steel or brass that is in the shape of an upside down "J"?

I can't begin to thank you enough for the various responses and picture that you have provided me over the months as I restore my '32 Packard.

Posted on: 2013/3/17 21:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Is it correct to assume that this a peice of chrome plated steel or brass that is in the shape of an upside down "J"?

Can't say for sure about 1932 but that's how the piece was shaped in 1934.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 9:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Can't take much credit for the pictures, all due to my $149 Staples acquired Nikon CoolPix. Although I did find that selecting macro mode greatly improved close up pictures.

Exactly right on the running board trim, front and back. it is shaped like an upside down "L".

Posted on: 2013/3/18 19:43
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved