Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 196

Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 142 143 144 (145) 146 147 148 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well today I tried to start it in neutral to high rev it.

and the carb is flooding all over the place. 2 days worth of running just fine and now this. WTH!

probably a freaking slow leak in one of the floats i'm guessing.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 11:38
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Wondering is that synthetic ATF fluid is just working it's way out of the front seal. May once everything seats a bit it will be ok.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 12:31
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah either that or the rear main is leaking a bit till it soaks in really good. that could be new motor oil mixed with that break in grease I used giving it a brown tinge.. since the trans fluid is red.

I'm just a turd and like this to be 100% the first time. so I get irritated. part of my growing up I need to do.

not looking forward to taking the top of the carb off and trying to catch all that gas from getting on my paint.

it'll run for a few seconds, then the carb just start blowing fuel everywhere. out of the plunger and from the top opening. gotta be a slow leak in a float.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 13:19
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Hank,

on heads and block decking,

I hope the shop really is good, cause, I had mine decked,

put straight edge on it, still had gaps, had it re decked,

it was around the water out lets, don't know why they sink but I hear its heat.

so I hope those guys are really into getting things square, it does take a lot of time to really check it out. but worth it in long run..

PS ,,don't give up,,you done so much ex work,, I do what you do, spray the head gaskets.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 13:30
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Front driver's side float pontoon has pinhole. Squirts gas when I squeeze it. I have 2 spares to try.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 17:14
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
spare worked so far on the float. the carb is now leaking fuel from where the pump arm pivots on the carb.

had revs up on the motor. wheels spinning like crazy in neutral.

started leaking power steering from between the pump body and the reservoir. looks like you got the good rebuild on the pump there Kev. probably cause mine was powder coated its not making good seal. yours I painted and as far as I know its still leak free for you.

took belt off steering pump only.

started motor back up.

started getting really hot. paint discolored on the drivers exhaust on head itself. paint is fucked there now.

manifold paint is fucked.

radiator blow by tube was spewing fluid. thought hmm maybe I should turn the damn thing off you idiot!

I probably fucked my motor all to hell.

my dad thinks the dizzy needs to be stabbed again, that its not right.

who wants it.....make an offer. I give up.

yeah...I know drama, whiny...blah blah. but its better to bitch here then yell around my house causing my son to see a bad example.

here enjoy this video I title...trying to blow up my new motor. its just flipping awesome.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dfmEyfPwaj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attach file:

jpg  (51.48 KB)
491_519fff1a10949.jpg 576X768 px

jpg  (57.82 KB)
491_519fff20a5d0e.jpg 576X768 px

jpg  (51.16 KB)
491_519fff273b321.jpg 576X768 px

Posted on: 2013/5/24 18:49
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Hank sorry about your paint getting jacked up. I can honestly say I know the feeling. Still to this day I repaint my center crossover tubes underneath the carb every few months.

Reference the paint on the heads, my is scorched there too. Re: the exhuast manifolds, I can say I got those done in a manner that still is unburned. Actually I had them specially coated with a ceramic coating that was advertised safe to 2000 degrees. Only wish the Hirsch paint did as well.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Only you will notice. Everyone else will be amazed, dazzled and overwhelmed when they view your engine compartment. You've done a terrific job.

Attach file:

jpg  (84.33 KB)
20_51a00507de97c.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/5/24 19:26
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
Its a good looking motor, mines not much to look at and I'm gonna baby it as long as I can restoration be damned.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 20:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Exhaust area paint discoloring is normal as is the crossover on the intake manifold. The coolant coming from overflow may just be the expansion of antifreeze older cars didn't have the coolant recovery sytems new cars have. The cooling system after it heats up will loose some coolant when next time system is up to temp it should be alright. You have to remember these old engines make vapor from crankcase no PCV sytems or sealed cooling systems. These little problems are part of the old car hobby they are not like new ones. New cars spoil us make you forget the little drips and seepage that the old ones had.But gas leaks are not good can lead to fire Be careful with gasoline leaks
Discolored paint on the engine is a sign the car is driven not a trailer queen a badge of honor as old saying went if its dosen't run chrome it

Posted on: 2013/5/24 21:16
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Yup I'm young and spoiled and ignorant to the old motors. Thanks for helping me understand. Frustrating that I can build up a supercharged z3. But this Packard is becoming rocket science pretty fast to a feebly young mind.

Sorry for my language guys. Just wasn't a good night and I didn't want to cause a scene infront of my little Henry.

Time to put this day to bed.

Hank

Posted on: 2013/5/24 22:17
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 142 143 144 (145) 146 147 148 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved