Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1965 Packard V12 Ownership
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Give it a rest??? Sure. Had a few of us not raised so much hell over it and NOT given it a rest then the bogus article was going to continue ON!!!! TOWARD the end of the article it indicates a future article about a V13 SUV minivan. So they had NO intentions of stopping nor giving the 65 V12 hoax a rest!!!

OR:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease or sometimes replaced.
Go ahead, replace me.

Posted on: 2008/9/12 22:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Not to stir up a debate, but I had that foul issue of TPC (a quarterly publication) in my hands a few weeks before a Studebaker friend came a-knockin' on my door with his copy of TW (a monthly publication) in hand, containing the same POS story, verbatim, to tell me he smelled a scandal brewing.

Seems to me that there was someone involved who had longstanding connection to both clubs to have pushed such an article through without exercising due diligence.

No matter, I have them all beat with my none-of-a-kind Caribbean Hardtop Limousine and Patrician Inline Twelve.

Attach file:

jpg  (8.53 KB)
103_48cc28c8adcd9.jpg 500X135 px

jpg  (14.37 KB)
103_48cc2a4d985e4.jpg 342X193 px

Posted on: 2008/9/13 15:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Your Patrician Twelve reminds me of the long-standing rumor of a 1954 Patrician specially built by Packard with a left-over Twelve motor. Rumors always had it that the car was ordered by an influential shareholder and later sold to a livery service in Chicago and that it continued to linger in the dark, dusty corners of that livery service garage. Of course all you have to do is look at the height of the Twelve engine and the underhood space of a post-51 car to realize it was impossible.

Posted on: 2008/9/13 17:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
bump

7/26/12 edit:
See pics in FIRST post of this thread for styling comparison to the 66 scale model car that recently sold on eBay as indicated in this recent thread:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10062&forum=4&post_id=106249#forumpost106249

Posted on: 2012/7/25 15:30
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
bump

What for? Just curious.

Posted on: 2012/7/26 0:04
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved