Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 198

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Light 8 restoration project
Just popping in
Just popping in

David Curtright
See User information
I have just inherited a Light 8 Coupe-Roadster, and need information and parts. There seems to be a paucity of them out there, and while this is encouraging in some respects, it is frustrating in others, namely in getting necessary parts. I have a few things to trade, and am compiling a list of the things that I need. Is there anybody out there who is sitting on a pile of Light 8 parts, or who can direct me in some way in my quest to get this thing back onto the road? I live in southern California.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 13:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Light 8 restoration project
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi David,

Finally, someone who knows as little as I do! What year is your car? I have been on a hunt for several small parts for a 1929 senior car since I was in college (thirty years ago). So, you probably know that the east coast is more the parts bin for pre-war cars. There are a bunch of names you will find on the internet if you google "Packard parts"...Max Merritt, etc. There are a few guys here in California who have parts, but I am finding that parts for the earlier cars are becoming more scarce. I have a list of potential parts guys that I have assembled from my search. leave me an email on the website if you want and I will respond. Most of them are the ones you probably know about...no real secrets.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 14:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
There is a supplier who specializes in Packards of that era - in fact has a Light Eight as his daily driver if I remember correctly. Unfortunately. I don't remember his hame or where I put his catalogue. The catalogue has a picture of his Light Eight on the cover. Perhaps, this will trigger some one else's memory and come up with his name.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 14:17
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John Sauser
See User information
David,

Try John Ulrich in El Sobrante, 510 223 9587.

John

Posted on: 2013/8/20 14:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day David,
to PackardInfo.

Another possible way to find parts for your Light Eight Roadster Coupe would be to contact owners of similar cars. There are a few Light Eight owners in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo. Or PAC's Roster Keeper for the Light Eight, his contact information is available on the PAC Website.

I also invite you to include your Light Eight Roadster Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/8/20 16:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

snopack wrote:
David,

Try John Ulrich in El Sobrante, 510 223 9587.

John

That's the one!

Posted on: 2013/8/20 19:04
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

David Curtright
See User information
Thank you, all. I guess I need to call John Ulrich, then. Will do. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 23:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved