Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 227

Karl, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

setting Carter WDO metering rods
Just popping in
Just popping in

9 mains
See User information
1947 Packard 356: I don't have the T109-113 metering rod gauge. Does anybody have one of these? Is there an accurate way to set the metering rods without the Carter gauge? Thanks for any and all help with this!

Posted on: 2013/9/23 19:07
 Top  Print   

Re: setting Carter WDO metering rods
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I suspect the procedure for the WGD is applicable to the WDO. This excerpt is from the Daytona Parts rebuild instructions for the WGD:

Back out the throttle stop screw until the throttle valves seal tightly in the bore. With the valves held closed, loosen the screw in the metering rod arm, push the vacuum piston link down until the metering rods are bottomed in the body casting, rotate the metering rod arm until the lever on the arm is in contact with the vacuum piston link. Tighten the screw and recheck.

Posted on: 2013/9/23 23:04
 Top  Print   

Re: setting Carter WDO metering rods
Just popping in
Just popping in

9 mains
See User information
Thanks, Owen. It looks like I can't accurately set the metering rods without the special gauge, or at least the measurement from one.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 20:44
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved