Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Kiwi Lad, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: DMV fees
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Tomlempicke
See User information
Fooof! My 2009 Pickup just cost me $370 in tag and tax fees. A similar age boat and motor runs $500 per year - they tax boat and motor separately. this is in South Carolina.

Posted on: 2013/11/1 6:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
If they sent you a bill for military adventures then you would really have something: Around $6,400 for one continuing campaign and the only benefit is cheaper Heroin for drug addicts and school children. Taxpayer subsidized Heroin for school children? Only in America.

Posted on: 2013/11/1 11:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
In the GREAT state of WASHINGTON..... After you first register your car in the state there are no further fees charged. With 4 old timers it was a real break to move from California to Washington. Also, no inspections, smog checks, mileage restrictions.

Posted on: 2013/11/1 14:53
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
thanks for contributing to this topic,
wow , s. Carolina is EXPENSIVE!!!!!

I just went over some bills again. I won't be able to pay my fees for another few wks or so. just finished a lot of work on my car and really want to take it for a drive. i'll just have to be patient.
Hawaii won't let you pay your vehicle tax with a credit card . so, i'll just wait.

Posted on: 2013/11/1 15:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Indiana $38.50 per year for 56 Pat. I opted for the one time charge of $45 to Re-register a plate from 1956. In Indiana they will let you re-register a plate for the year of your car for classics. I bought a nice used 1956 plate and registered it.

Posted on: 2013/11/1 16:54
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Illinois will be instituting a two tier system in 2014. Antique plates that cover the current uses (only for shows, demos [and service, I hope...]) will be cheapest; a higher priced plate will allow wider use.

Currently plates are $40 for five years with some prorating.

Let us not forget village stickers ($5 each year here).

Some drivers currently buy and use regular plates to avoid hassles. No idea how insurance will play out under the new rules.....

You can use authentic antique plates without registering them; must have antique plates in car.

Posted on: 2013/11/1 20:46
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved