Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: How to Identify a 1956 >>374 block?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
I've driven my 56 Carib with both carburetor configurations and as long as you can keep your foot under control on the accelerator, the difference in gas mileage is pretty small.

My esteemed colleague is a much more accomplished featherfoot driver than am I. The few 2x4s I've driven use noticeably more fuel than 1x4. Just my experience, but it's been in the range of 20% more fuel.

jack vines

Posted on: 2013/12/31 18:42
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

robtroxel
See User information
This has been quite an education for me. The EBay seller did modify his description on the car. Nowadays a 2*4 carb set up with batwing air cleaner would bring some big bucks. Thanks to all of you stepping up to help!

Posted on: 2013/12/31 19:08
Rob Troxel
1941 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The original build slip/shipping order for 5697-1034 has been examined, NO special requests are indicated; thus apparently a completely stock Caribbean hardtop with SF (Solex glass) and PL (Twin traction rear axle) as the only notations. So I think it's safe to assume, as most if not all of us expected, that the column-mounted transmission selector and single carburetion were not original features but the result of later alterations.

Posted on: 2014/1/1 10:49
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved