Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 204

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Upholstery and interior questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Quote:

patgreen wrote:
FWIW...my 56 has the original light blue/dark blue cloth interior.

At least that's what it started life with. The light blue "metalaise" has faded/turned to a light green; the navy bits have faded some on seat tops but remain blue. My padded dash had faded a bit when it was replaced last year but the padding was the problem much more than the color.

I don't know the source of the blue to green change but it is uniform, leading me to think it might be a CHEMICAL FADE FROM IT'S ENVIRONMENT, NOT SUB FADING.....

So could it be possible that the green upper armrest has been caused by a chemical fade instead of someone replacing the armrest?

Posted on: 2014/1/7 17:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
If the color difference on the door molding trim pad was due to fading, I would expect both RH & LH sides would be affected, but you showed us a view of only the one side of your interior.

If the affected part(s) are otherwise in good condition, I suppose you could try having them painted by someone who has experience with such materials.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 17:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Seems awfully green to have faded to that color. The piece is held by half a dozen screws across the top and end & just lifts off. IIRC, the material folds over the chrome & cements to the metal. An unfaded sample of whatever it's original color was should be visible underneath.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 18:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
BH: The both sides are affected. I thought I don't have a picture of the other side so I couldn't show it. Now that I checked again, I found one. I think that the driver's side could have also affected by water?

HH56: The car is stored at a friend's place and I'll check it out the next time I go for a visit.

Attach file:

jpg  (119.84 KB)
10175_52cd2506676a5.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2014/1/8 5:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Look like your car has tinted glass. If the vent window had been left open, the pad might have been subject to more UV as well as water.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 11:29
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

michael keller
See User information
By the way, is there a vendor of upholstery cloth fitting our cars?

Posted on: 2014/1/11 20:28
The Ride Did Decide!

1956 Packard Executive Hardtop
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
SMS in Portland Ore has 56 Packard material and I think 55 also. They also have the leather and vinyl you need.

Posted on: 2014/1/11 22:28
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

michael keller
See User information
Thank you, Randy. That was really useful. They have what I need, and I got a very quick answer to my inquiry.

Posted on: 2014/1/13 17:08
The Ride Did Decide!

1956 Packard Executive Hardtop
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
How do I know what is the original color for my 1955 400 with the trim code 82? The dealer upholstery book doesn't say anything about carpets. Also were the carpets originally cutpile or loop?

Posted on: 2015/12/6 9:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Loop pile. The last Packard to have what you could call a cut pile was the Blumenthal Mills Mosstread used on the 23rd series Custom 8.

Trim Code 82 is described as "Light blue cloth with white genuine leather". I don't recall how many carpet colors there were, 4 or perhaps 5 IIRC.

Posted on: 2015/12/6 11:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved