Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

new tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
I was looking in my hot rod mag and saw an ad from Kanter that they had reissued new gas tanks for 51-54 packard cars ,when I called and ordered one the guy said he'd already sold a dozen of them .i had been frostrated trying to repair a flattened part under a persistantly leaking the drain bung

Posted on: 2014/6/15 10:39
 Top  Print 

Re: new tanks
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I was looking in my hot rod mag and saw an ad from Kanter that they had reissued new gas tanks for 51-54 packard cars ,when I called and ordered one the guy said he'd already sold a dozen of them .i had been frostrated trying to repair a flattened part under a persistantly leaking the drain bung

Actually tanks fit 51-56 and have been available for several months now. You must have missed all the threads here on site and the reply to one of yours on the leaky bung back in Feb. You can get just the tank alone or for an additional charge buy a deluxe package that includes new mounting pieces and a new repro 51-6 sender.

Posted on: 2014/6/15 11:02
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
If you have any additional questions please let me know I will try to help you with our new fuel tanks

Thanks
James

Posted on: 2014/6/16 13:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Ordered the complete kit for mine last week. Will report on the installation when it is in.

Replacing due to a failure of the intake tube; seemed advisable to go new. Quote for cutting old one in two and redoing was $ 1,000... Uff da

I do wish they had set it up with modern nozzle gripper--I understand that it is same as original so you have to hold nozzle while it fills.

Posted on: 2014/6/16 15:24
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

patgreen wrote:
I do wish they had set it up with modern nozzle gripper--I understand that it is same as original so you have to hold nozzle while it fills.

Really? I've never had that problem with either my '51 or '55. The attendant just sticks it in and comes back when it shuts off.

Posted on: 2014/6/16 16:10
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Ditto to Jim L's comment, no problem here. Nozzle style may vary from station to station, perhaps that's the cause of Pat's problem.

Posted on: 2014/6/16 16:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Patgreen
My question has nothing to do with tanks - but as I see that you use the phrase "Uff da", I wonder if you are of Norwegian heritage, as this phrase is indeed very "Norwegian"?

Tom

Posted on: 2014/6/16 17:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
I think Pat is talking about the filling neck restriction that was implemented when leaded gas was being phased out for unleaded. By having the restriction you couldn't mistakenly put leaded gas in to a vehicle with cat convertor and ruin the convertor.
Husker Du.

Posted on: 2014/6/16 23:12
Stephen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Norwegian? Not that I know of....but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn in the UP.... Just like the phrase, which has a number of uses...

Garage tells me tank is installed and that I can pick it up tomorrow. They commented that the coating on the old tank had turned into a ball of mystery mush leaving severe rusting in its wake.

Fuel delivery system to be checked and improved if and as necessary. had an issue while running air on the tollway; engine seemed to sporadically miss. This was seen as probably a fuel issue.

I have so much driving to catch up on....

RE the nozzle gripper....when I fill my newer car I shove the nozzle in and it what? Hooks on? Anyhow, I don't have to hold it while the gas goes in. On the Packard it doesn't stay attached, so it must be held.

By the way, what is an "attendant"?

Posted on: 2014/6/30 17:17
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
Is it still true that in the enlightened states of WA, OR and NJ, there is only "attendant service" to fill gas tanks. No Self Serve possible?

I also have to hold and pay attention when filling my 56. Oh for the days when a Packard tank would whistle when almost filled. Now, if there were such a thing as an attendant, there's no telling how much trouble you could get into when they filled a tank and let go of the nozzle.

Posted on: 2014/6/30 17:28
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved