Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
246 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 243

DM37, Don B, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 20 21 ... 45 »

Re: 51Packards....52 Packard 200 Deluxe!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Sorry for the long delay but I took a week vacation.

Howard, you had a great idea. I used a Daytona carb kit that did not use leather for the accelerator pump. I don't think the seal is messed up.

I had my son pump the gas pedal for me while I looked down the throat of the carb and the jet on the left would just drip and the one on the right did nothing.

Then I had my wife try in case my son was not pushing the gas hard enough. After enduring many blows of the "Aruga" horn in my ear (her idea of a joke), I noticed the left would squirt OK, but the right would just dribble.

I unscrewed the jet and used a small wire to push through the holes. Then I followed with some carb cleaner with the straw on the inside of each jet hole. Got a good spray so I reinstalled it. Maybe some trash got in the jet?

Now it has a slight delay with hard throttle and no more stalling! Thanks Howard!

I'll try to warm it up more and see how it performs another day.

Attach file:

jpg  (38.76 KB)
508_55ac0ae50a371.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2015/7/19 15:39
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
8-21-15

Just a quick update on my project. I have been concentrating on other projects as well as cutting up the 51 so not much has changed. After many starts the car still has a slight hesitation on hard accelleration. I let my plates expire so I can't take it on the road.

I still have the clock out to find out why it overwound.

My radio is still working and I'm getting a kick out of listening to it when I idle the car.

I emptied my gas tank with the hopes of using the 51 tank and sender for a better fit. Tested the fuel sender but it did not work so I am no longer anxious to swap tanks.

Next year I think the car will finally be on the road and be more reliable.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 18:09
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
"I let my plates expire so I can't take it on the road."

Posted on: 2015/8/21 19:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Okay I'm caught up on the story.... I hope this one doesn't get the torch.... LOL
John

Posted on: 2015/9/15 19:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Thanks for reading! No I don't think this one will get the torch. Rest assured that many usable body parts from the '51 went to new owners so that their cars will ride again. The spare parts have come in handy on the '52 as well.

I didn't get as far as I had hoped this season on the '52. I need to apply for collector plates so I don't have to worry about them expiring. I have been starting the car a couple of times a week. She starts right up and runs well except for the slight hesitation on accelleration and a ticking lifter. When I get some time I'll try running ATF in the oil and see if that helps. I think next spring I will be driving again.

Posted on: 2015/9/28 18:24
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
11-20-15

Bad day today. Prepping for the upcoming snowpocalypse, I was trying to move the motor/trans from the '51 to a more convenient spot. The movers dolly under the engine gave way and the engine tipped on its side. Damage was done. I'm not sure how bad. It got dark real quick and I struggled with the engine lift to get it right side up. Pretty pissed off!

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:30
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Update, update, we want an update...... John

Posted on: 2016/2/22 20:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Yes Charles - update please!

Just because I went quiet for a couple of months doesn't mean that you are allowed to! Lol

BTW, I have been reading parts of your old '51 project blog - the helpful bits when you were doing work on the Ultramatic. The help from people like Ross, HH56 etc I found very useful for the overhaul I am doing on my spare Ultra.

Posted on: 2016/2/23 7:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Yeah I like the parts of the '51 blog on the Ultramatic repairs also.
John

Posted on: 2016/2/23 8:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Hey guys, glad my other blog is helping people! Winter means no work on the '52 as it is parked outside. I have been starting it regularly until about a week ago when it wouldn't start. Thought it was out of gas so I put more in the tank only to overfill it! That mistake made me notice there is a fuel leak when it is really full! Popped the hood and I saw the fuel filter was empty. When checking out the fuel pump, it appears the pin for the fuel pump arm is coming out! Guess the pump has to come off. That is the pump I had rebuilt for the '51. I pondered rebuilding the pump from the '52 but it is missing one of the connections for the wipers. I have no idea if they are available. My winter project was supposed to be my '51 clock which was working but "over wound?" And locked up. No progress on that front.

Posted on: 2016/2/23 19:10
[url=h
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 20 21 ... 45 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved