Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: In Search of:
Just popping in
Just popping in

Steve-O
See User information
Definitely interested in the turn lights, lenses.., the extensions are the wrong ones( *I actually have two sets of these now...lol) i need the larger ones tgat go below these extensions... And you were at $300.00 correct? Would you do $225.00 and I would donate $50.00 to the website? Boss wanted me to ask and if I didnt, I would be put back in the cellar.... ( its dark there and it scares me) so I asked..

Posted on: 2016/8/1 15:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Steve - I have braved many frightful cold dark cellars (Northeast US), hot spider and wasp filled attics (everywhere from California to Arkansas), snake infested crawl spaces (Australia), mudslides, hurricanes, sunburn and frost (Hershey for 30 years), near mortal combat at auctions and even more delicate negotiations with octogenarians certain they will have a need for that particular part someday... in order to secure rare and unobtainium Packard Parts. I have personally ensured safe delivery (after numerous explanations to TSA personnel about carriage of exceptionally heavy unusual carry-ons, starters, generators, long pointed objects, etc) of rare parts to New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, half of Europe, and shipped to the other half. Ever seen a guy carrying a 74.9 lb radiator for a Packard through the Munich airport? - that was me. Between ChrisR and I, we transported a complete engine rebuild kit to France. I nearly saw a chiropractor in France after carrying 4 35-41 shock absorbers nearly across Paris (in addition to everything else including a complete 41 grille) I have arranged for couriers for manifolds to South Africa and used personal connections to ensure delivery to regions as remote as Moldova, India and Bulgaria! In a hurry for a set of connecting rods to Sydney, no problem. In a hurry for a transmission to Nashville, no worries that half of Dallas is without power and trees in most roadways, the trailer is leaving in the morning! Yet notwithstanding such risk and expense, I offer these items at what I believe is a very fair price. Final offer of $300 on the parking lights - 24 hours - then I will reevaluate my mood. You may have better luck finding an uncracked, unpitted left parking light housing for less, or a NOS pair just waiting for you around the corner at your local NAPA. Go ahead, take that chance.

As for the extensions, either you are referring to the "upper" bumper bars, or the striped stainless trim on deluxe 54's that is below the fender extension, above the bumper (edit, see below) , either way, I ain't got them, still both are pretty easy to find.

I checked my center grill section - the main bar I have is rechromed and drilled for the waterfalls. It is leftover from a project when I had two of nearly everything chromed and picked the best - I would not categorize this part as show quality - I think the chromer did it in too much of a hurry. I do not have a pair of waterfalls to bolt to it.

And yes, a $50 donation to the website I am certain would be most welcome.

DAF

Posted on: 2016/8/1 16:53
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
"striped stainless trim" - Picture for reference. Unique to '54 Super/Deluxe Clipper (ONLY).

Attach file:

jpg  (215.97 KB)
1_579fc7bad8f0a.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2016/8/1 17:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Steve-O
See User information
Yes we are looking for the larger "striped" extensions... I have found many many of the smaller ones, not so much on the larger extensions...Personally, I thought $300.00 was an awesome price ( Im the one searching, not him, so I know the pricing deal) I had an offer of 235.00 EACH in worse condition. Which is totally out of the question.. By the way, we are not looking for show quality, we are looking to just make the car complete, I think most of what we were looking for was stolen by a previous mechanic/restorer..
Anyway, I will talk again to the boss man and see what he says tomorrow...
Thanks for all your help

Posted on: 2016/8/1 17:41
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Steve-O
See User information
Ok, bossman said $300 is allright... (Finally. I had to show him other parts I have found) now, is it $300.00 PLUS shipping or including shipping?

As for the Center Grill piece, we don't need the waterfall with it.

We also no longer need any of the grill extensions as we found those at an unheard of price.

Advise on price of center piece please.

The person I am buying for, now doesn't want to pay a donation, so I will personally do it myself.

Thanks for all the help!!

Posted on: 2016/8/2 10:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
acknowledged. 19.54 is the shipping on the parking lights.

I will photo the lower grille section in a short while, glare is way too bright right now to give proper assessment. Price on grille portion is...hmm...$253.54 plus another 19.54 shipping. Price goes up if he doesn't appreciate the effort you are going to to source this stuff, price might go down a little if HE reconsiders a donation to Pinfo. Since I don't know the objectives (car-flipper/dealer/devoted Packard guy or whatever...) of what is going on there, just objectively understand that the purpose of this website is to assist as demonstrated. Where else you gonna find this type of resource for "free" ??

Posted on: 2016/8/2 16:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
" Ever seen a guy carrying a 74.9 lb radiator for a Packard through the Munich airport? - that was me."

This guy is Awesome!

Posted on: 2016/8/2 16:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
American Airlines oversize/overweight baggage limitation 75lbs.
Now, my carry-on's may have "occasionally" exceeded the posted overhead storage weight limits....caution, some shifting may have occurred during the flight...use caution when opening overhead bins...

Lower main grille section, 53-54 with holes for waterfalls. Recently replated, note shading left and right of center point (mostly covered by waterfalls), one large pinhead bubble very right side and some insufficient surface polishing prep when looked at in the right light from the wrong angle. Really nice, but not perfect....

Attach file:

jpg  (18.80 KB)
439_57a134f3843d0.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (18.50 KB)
439_57a135054ee90.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (302.29 KB)
439_57a1353a43a0d.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (19.87 KB)
439_57a1357e9f4a3.jpg 360X270 px

jpg  (247.26 KB)
439_57a135928cf2b.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (18.76 KB)
439_57a1361c4f96e.jpg 360X270 px

Posted on: 2016/8/2 19:05
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
As David mentioned above that grille section if for a Senior car, with the "waterfall grille". While it will fit the Clipper grille, it is not correct.

Posted on: 2016/8/3 9:32
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Lex
See User information
Quote:
The lenses are otherwise reproduced by PAC National Projects at $70 per pair, with gaskets and screws.

Where can I find PAC National Products? Google isn't bearing fruit, and I'm looking at either casting new fog lamp lenses from repaired versions of my pitted and cracked originals, or grabbing something off the shelf. Didn't realize the latter was an option until now.

Posted on: 2016/8/3 11:08
[u
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved