Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 233

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 52 53 54 (55) 56 57 58 ... 73 »

Re: Henry's 37 Limousine
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Awesome!

Glad to hear she's running and you got in, good luck getting the carb right.

Posted on: 2017/3/2 7:38
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
guys, I'm really nervous and doubting myself and my car after looking over the past winners of this event. I'm a very hard critic of myself and my work. I have like 4 paint chips on the car and i'm freaking out.

I'm wondering why I even got accepted being my car is not a recognized classic by the CCCA.

I know I should just say who cares what people think of the car, but I have the really bad feeling I'm going to get weird looks for my car even being there amongst the others. or that the entrant judges will say...man that looked way better in the pictures. I think the world of my car, but these other cars...man.

I think I'm having a silly moment here, but does anyone have any advise for a first time Concours participant?

Posted on: 2017/3/2 11:12
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Be yourself Henry!
Most guys our age couldn't afford a spare tire to a classic car let alone a beautiful Packard. I quit thinking about what other people think; they're not paying my bills!

Posted on: 2017/3/2 12:02
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Amen...Ernie

Posted on: 2017/3/2 12:15
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Double Amen. And if it is going to be judged, some but not all concours will give you a copy of the judging sheet so you can see what was faulted. If you choose, work on those items before showing again or, as has been suggested, let the nitpickers get a life and to heck with what others think. I believe most of us on the forum think what you have done is a pretty decent job.

Posted on: 2017/3/2 12:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
thanks for the reality check guys. I was streaming through the past winners of the event and got intimidated and starting thinking the worst. I appreciate the pick me up and the support! It will be nice to represent not only Packard but the Jr. model at that. i was quite surprised i was accepted. I wonder what other Packards will be there and i day dream that i'll be the only Jr series there amonst all of the Sr series. wouldn't that be a compliment to have been the only Jr series accepted. ahhhhh to day dream!

I guess the saying is true...we are our own worst critic and i know i'm very hard on myself...i really need to work on that.

thanks again everyone! now...where did i put my polishing rag? i better get started! lol!

Posted on: 2017/3/2 13:29
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
We expect a full-fledged picture report after the concourse of course

@Howard: I think he has done a more than decent job on this overhaul! Sometimes I'm wondering where he gets the time to do it all. I'm impressed with his tidyness (if that's a word), his never ending pursue of perfection and his eye for detail.

Henry if you're looking for a job wrenching on Packards you are welcome here!

Posted on: 2017/3/2 13:37
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
One of my pet peeves is calling a concours a concourse. I have heard and read this so many times from people who should know better.

Another one is someone posting photos of their vehicle and showing off the interior with a turned steering wheel.

Oh well, it must be a slow day for me. But still...

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2017/3/2 15:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I will def have several pictures!

Honestly, I haven't much else to do but work on the Packards. My wife is in school right now and has homework nearly every night. But when i get home from work i do spend time with my family...i cook or clean...and I don't go work on the Packard until about 8pm after my wife is already doing homework and my son is in bed. i usually stay out there till about 10:30-11pm. and i may come in early to watch a movie with the wife. I tried to get at least one thing done on the Packard each night, no matter how big or small the project is. overall, it keeps me off the streets and off drugs lol!

working at a Packard shop would be a great thing! If i had a time machine i think i would go back to when Packard was booming and work at the factory or at a dealer.

as to if the car will be judged, the website says only 200 judged entrants. so i'm assuming that means they will look it over. and with only a field of 200 cars...i'm probably lucky i got picked!! i didn't realize the number was so low. it must have been my history with the car and the rarity of the model. is that a low number for a concours? i have no idea.

I wonder if the turned steering wheel is due to them having just taken a picture from the outside where turning the wheels looks more pleasing and they forget to turn the steering wheel back straight to do interior pictures.

Posted on: 2017/3/2 16:30
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Wow congrats! No matter how you are judged, you have an awesome car!

Posted on: 2017/3/2 20:41
[url=h
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 52 53 54 (55) 56 57 58 ... 73 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved