Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 197

CarFreak, TxGoat, BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 298 299 300 (301) 302 303 304 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
No explaining STUPID.

Posted on: 2017/11/29 11:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
That Lincoln/Packard is really in your face. But if you like that one, get a load of this thing that ran in Hemmings:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/11/28/mitsubishis-re-model-a-pays-homage-to-the-brands-first-automobile/

Posted on: 2017/11/29 16:09
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

That ghastly Mitsubishi monstrosity reminds me of the "1928 Porter" ginned up for the short-lived (for good reason) TV show "My Mother The Car".

Back to our program in progress:
A '39 120 parts car, decent-looking sheet metal:
https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/d/1939-packard-8/6367271200.html

Two more '53 Cavaliers:
Bright aqua, looks nice though old photos, a bit pricey:
https://duluth.craigslist.org/cto/d/1953-packard-sedan/6356404179.html

A parts car, no motor or transmission, will part out:
https://fargo.craigslist.org/cto/d/packard-clipper-4-door/6367982127.html

Steve

Almost forgot: A handsome '56 Patrician, A/C, frame-off restoration:
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/1956-packard-patrician/6401822289.html

Posted on: 2017/11/29 18:43
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'll play the how do they do it game on the Minneapolis Packard with AC. Wonder if those are pre resto photos or if AC in Minnesota means rolling the windows down.. I see no evidence of a factory in dash, aftermarket under dash or a trunk unit -- nor a compressor to run any combination thereof. Not sure Packard would approve of the brown interior with the black exterior either.

Posted on: 2017/11/29 19:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
HH:

I think you are absolutely right about the "AC." The car looks OK, though the interior came from God only knows where. The seller shouldn't stop at just the invisible air conditioner; I think he should pull out all the stops and mention even more invisible items like ... cruise control, and 18-speaker Bose stereo system, an 8-inch dash-mounted GPS screen, and back-up sensors. Oh yeah, and let's don't forget the front and side airbags (made by Takata) ...

Posted on: 2017/11/30 9:37
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
56 400 Interior

The brown interior is an original interior for a 56 Patrician but is not correct for a black/white car, however special order cars were made. More likely the car has been repainted from one of the exterior combinations that was stock with this trim: Mojave Tan (R code)or Mojave Tan and Dover White(MR) or solid black (V). My guess is that it was a solid black car and to make it sportier the roof and lower portion were repainted Dover White OR it was originally special ordered white/black/white (MVM).

Packard was in the business of selling cars and especially in the 56 model year would be more flexible to accommodate anyone whom wanted to buy one. We've seen more special order cars in 56 than in most other years, we think the only "approval" that Packard had to make is "will the customer pay?"

Posted on: 2017/11/30 13:36
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Rick M
See User information
If this car did indeed come from the factory that way I would hope that someone does not change it. I also work on English Motorcycles and there are many "Peter Parts Book" folks out there who go by the parts books for motorcycles made in the late 40's into the early 60's who change vehicles to match the parts book, which in many cases were produced after the fact and did not take into account running changes and special orders. I know of one Norton Motorcycle that was purchased directly from the factory and it has many unusual features that are not in the parts book.

People assume that many factories did not do special orders but I think in 1956 Packard would do anything within reason if you were willing to pay for it.

YMMV,
Rick

Posted on: 2017/11/30 13:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Nice 39 110 club coupe. The owner wants something faster.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/d/1939-packard-coupe/6406990812.html

Posted on: 2017/11/30 14:52
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
The '39 in Billingham is another example of someone advertising a rust free car. That brown stuff on the car's grill must be bullshit and not rust.

Posted on: 2017/11/30 18:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2017/11/30 19:21
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 298 299 300 (301) 302 303 304 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved