Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 197

Todd W. White, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Wiper Motor leaks at seal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The Chevy car wiper motor bolts on, uses the same cable as the vacuum motor, and to 99% of the people that look at your car at car shows, looks stock. NO MODIFICATION WHATSOEVER IS NEEDED. Just run a power wire from the battery or fuse box and you're done. The also use the same washer coordinator as Packard. I HIGHLY recommend it over the vacuum version, simply because it's a LOT better and safer setup.

Attach file:

jpg  (140.71 KB)
34_495945e77971d.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2008/12/29 16:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I also have the Chevy motor and no mod is necessary other than possibly needing a spacer if the flange underneath is a bit wide. The co-ordinator will work with motor but without the proper lid and plumbing to your jar, that is moot at this point.

One point is the air cleaner clearance. Russpackaus mentioned that his normal single carb air cleaner hits. I have the bat wings as you see, so no issue and Turbopackman has the supercharger setup so also no problem. Has anyone else with a normal 55-6 oil bath cleaner with the Chevy setup had any clearance problems?

Attach file:

jpg  (34.62 KB)
209_49598b098322c.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2008/12/29 21:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Owen makes a good point. I think I'll keep the old mule and give it one more shot. It's not like I've rebuilt it before and am still having bad luck. If, after a rebuild, it proves too much hassle, then, I'll have to look to an alternative.

Posted on: 2008/12/29 22:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
My Ficken rebuilt wiper motor came in. I installed it, and it works just fine.... better than ever!

Thanks, guys, for referring me to the right place.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 19:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Glad you're pleased with Ficken's work, I've always found it top-notch. I think you'll be glad to have the vacuum system which IMO is superior to the two-speed electrics.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 19:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
My original wiper motor still works great after 50+ years. While driving to the Perrysburg show last spring I got caught in a tremendous storm and the wipers kept up with the rain with no problem. As long as a unit is in good working order don't reinvent the wheel. I have had another unit rebuilt by Ficken for another car and he did a great job.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 15:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved