Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Recent Comments
Who is Online
46 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 42

Ozstatman, DavidM, Craig the Clipper Man, Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal

rear hub caps
Just popping in
Just popping in

Mike wayta
See User information
I keep losing rear hub caps when crosing ripple strips on my 47 clipper any solution

Posted on: 5/26 6:49
 Top  Print 

Re: rear hub caps
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
One person I know had the same problem and fixed it by using three or four gobs of silicone adhesive. He applied a generous amount of the adhesive to the wheel in three or four locations, installed the hub cap/wheel cover, and let the adhesive setup before driving. The adhesive is flexible enough to allow for the cap/cover to be removed but keeps it from falling off.

Posted on: 5/26 10:00
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Mike wayta
See User information
Thanks I will give a try

Posted on: 5/26 18:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
There was also a factory service suggestion for ensuring that the wheel clips would hold the hubcaps securely.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/SC/SC-VOL22NO2.pdf

Posted on: 5/26 19:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Thanks for that service letter. It gives the specs and the means to correct the problem.
After I lost a cap, I was advised to apply friction tape. I added it to the prongs and have not lost a cap since. Maryland freeways, especially around Baltimore, have huge, dangerous potholes, big enough to bend a rim. Coming back from Annapolis on Tuesday, I hit a wide deep chasm of one I didn't see in time to avoid. But this time the cap held.
Since Kanter sold out of the hexagon/script reproduction caps, I've bought a few used back ups. I wish they would make another 200 because I'd get 4 to keep on the shelf for showing the car.

Posted on: 5/27 8:23
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
1937 Packard 115c Conn. (07/02/2021)
1937 Packard 115c Conn.
1953 Mayfair (06/26/2021)
1953 Mayfair
IMG_20210324_172433493.jpg (03/28/2021)
IMG_20210324_172433493.jpg
Photo of the Day
IMG_20200703_122217025.jpg
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved