Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
245 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 245

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Parts required for 1930, 733, sedan/Limousine
Just popping in
Just popping in

Colin 30 Packard
See User information
Hello All,

I am new to this site so I am hoping that someone can help me. I have a standard eight vehicle with the spare wheels mounted on the guards/running board.

I am in need of two items;
1. thermostat and housing (thermostat sits in the top of the top tank of the radiator).
2. locking wheel hub for the spare wheel ( small hub that key-locks into place when the spare wheel is mounted).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have checked both Rock Autos and Max Merritt sites with no success.

Thanks, Colin

Posted on: 2022/10/9 22:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Parts required for 1930, 733, sedan/Limousine
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Colin 30 Packard,
to PackardInfo and for including your '30 733 Standard Eight Sedan Limo in the Packard Vehicle Registry.
Good to see another Aussie on board.

Now, putting on my other hat, as a member of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia(PACA) if you're not already a PACA member you can join us by downloading a membership application form from the PACA Website.

EDIT - Car looks familiar to me. Reaching out to a couple of PACA members who may be able to better identify it. In fact, it looks like a Packard which displays on the PACA Website homepage. See Post #5

Posted on: 2022/10/9 22:43
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Colin 30 Packard
See User information
Hello,
The car belonged to the late David Simpson of South Australia and he was a member of the PACA, as I also am now.

Colin

Posted on: 2022/10/10 2:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi Colin,
Congratulations on the car! Henry Yeska of Nazareth Pennsylvania used to make a reproduction of the Oakes spare tire locks. Henry passed away, but somebody on here said his son might still be making them. The originals come up on Ebay once in a while but people ask lots for them.

The Sylphon thermostat you are looking for is also available on Ebay occasionally. There is a restoration guy in Sonoma, California (Scott Henningson) who repairs them and refills them with alcohol to make them work again. Send me a private message and I can get you Scott's phone number. He restored mine and it works!

John Wogec

Posted on: 2022/10/10 11:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
....EDIT - Car looks familiar to me. Reaching out to a couple of PACA members who may be able to better identify it. In fact, it looks like a Packard which displays on the PACA Website homepage....
Colin,

Apologies, I got that very wrong! Informed by a PACA member the car I was referencing was a 633, not a 733! My earlier Packard indentification skills are obviously limited.

Posted on: 2022/10/10 18:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved