Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 233

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 fender-to-body clips?
Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
About half of the clips that retain the trailing edge of the front fender to the main body at the cowl are MIA on my 110. Does any one have a source for replacement original style clips?

Not that the originals are 'great'; I was quite surprised to see that they used screws and spring clips rather than a retained clip with a bolt...

Posted on: 2023/4/3 23:20
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 fender-to-body clips?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I do not recall clips on any of my 1940 110s. There were inserts in the cowl with 1/4” screws and fender washers holding the fender tightly to the cowl.

Posted on: 2023/4/4 2:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Can you post pictures/ dimensions? Some styles are reproduced.

Posted on: 2023/4/4 4:23
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’ve not owned one in many decades but maybe someone else here can help. I may have some of the bolts, though, as I parted out a couple but at the moment I am in California and my shop is 700 miles away in Oregon but I’ll be there in a few weeks. In the meantime, check the rear fenders which I believe are held on in a similar way.

Posted on: 2023/4/4 9:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tsherry
See User information
I'll get some photos/dimensions over the weekend. They are an insert, they appear to fit into a slot from behind and lock into another slot below the hole for the screw. Rather different than other makes I'm familiar with.

The front end on this obviously took one helluva whack at some point its' history, complete with some frame repair.

Posted on: 2023/4/4 21:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved