Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Gus Wilson's Model Garage site
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Here's the current link to Gus Wilson's Model Garage site:

http://www.gus-stories.org/

Should make this easier to find as time goes by, a place to update the link if it should change.

Steve

Posted on: 2015/3/17 7:11
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Re: Gus Wilson
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Have spent the last few evenings revisiting the old Model Garage stories.

Since the original post and link was 8 years ago thought there might be some younger people who have never had the pleasure of meeting Gus Wilson or older ones who might like to meet him again.

The link is still the same but here it is again.

https://gus-stories.org

Posted on: 2023/5/10 23:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Always enjoyed reading those stories each month.

Posted on: 2023/5/11 4:44
 Top  Print   

Re: Gus Wilson's Model Garage site
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
This is an old post, but good to be reminded about those articles. I read most of the articles when this discussion first appeared. I got up to just before the beginning of World War II. I would like to read his stories about keeping the vehicles going during the war with all the shortages and rationing.

Posted on: 2023/5/11 12:59
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is interesting that these stores were written over the decades by many freelance and some staff writers at Popular Science magazine. While the writing style of the many authors were somewhat similar, Martin Bunn was just a pen name the stories were published under.

There is a link on the left menu for Martin Bunn which is an interesting read. Somewhat hidden on that page is another link to one of the last of the many staff writers. On that hidden page is the reason the stories ended along with a dozen or so additional stories by that author and a few by other authors. Some stories have copyright dates in recent years.

Posted on: 2023/5/12 9:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Hammerberg
See User information
Hi Thanks for the kind words for my site. I'm a proud owner of a 56 Constellation.
Here's the link to the last Martin Bunn you mentioned.https://gus-stories.org/the_last_martin_bunn.htm

Posted on: 2023/5/12 15:58
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved