Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Engine Mount Pad New
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kasli
See User information
We have developed with superior nitrile rubber Engine mount pads which are useful for many models from 1935 to 1950. The cost for one pair is $75.00 plus shipping from India If you are interested please contact me Thank you

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_7092.jpeg (118.67 KB)
2057_650b97e11c9a9.jpeg 1920X1516 px

jpeg  IMG_7091.jpeg (85.91 KB)
2057_650b97f2e6638.jpeg 1920X1145 px

jpeg  IMG_7097.jpeg (282.60 KB)
2057_650b9873960ae.jpeg 1911X1888 px

Posted on: 2023/9/20 20:10
 Top  Print   

Re: Engine Mount Pad New
Just popping in
Just popping in

Dennis Miller
See User information
Bred45@aol.com Hi Maybe you can help me, I trying to locate all my engine mounts on a 1946 clipper model 2103, straight eight. thanksw

Posted on: 4/25 11:18
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
They are available from Steele Rubber.

Posted on: 4/25 12:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Dennis Miller wrote:
Bred45@aol.com Hi Maybe you can help me, I trying to locate all my engine mounts on a 1946 clipper model 2103, straight eight. thanksw

If you mean how many mounts and where, there is the single main mount in front which consists of the two sandwiched rubber pieces between the metal parts of the yoke as shown in the photos above. The remaining mounts are two at the transmission, one on either side which consist of a vulcanized square of rubber between two metal pieces which bolt to trans and mid frame crossmember.

In addition to the actual weight carrying mounts there is a stabilizer bar which is not a mount but is rather a rod with rubber donuts at each end which bolts between a frame mount and another toward the rear end of the transmission or overdrive case. This is to control the engine from trying to move fore and aft under load. Overdrive equipped senior models also have a coil spring affair filled with vulcanized rubber which goes between the OD case bottom and a mount on the frame. On the 356 engine only, there are usually a pair of small front stabilizers, one on either side of engine which bolt between the side of block and front crossmember. Those are to help keep rotational torque of the big engine under control.

As Kev said, Steele has the front pieces and the donuts for the stabilizer bar. They may still offer vulcanizing service for the others. On the transmission side pieces you might also check with Kanter. A few years ago they had repro transmission mounts made for some models and if they still have any a pair of new repros may be cheaper and probably with less downtime than having your old ones sent back and revulcanized.

Posted on: 4/25 12:18
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cmarshall@kanter.com
See User information
Good Morning,

We have all the engine mounts you need.

Please reach out to me if you still need them.

Charod
Kanter Auto
93-334-2400 ext. 1322

charod.marshall@kanter.com

Posted on: 4/26 7:07
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Dennis Miller
See User information
Thank you I will.

Posted on: 4/26 15:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved