Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 203

Joe, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fun item for my ‘54
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Spencer B.
See User information
I have a ‘54 Convertible that I bought in 2006 and restored over the next 12 or so years. It was an upstate New York car, and when I bought it I was told that it was the daily driver of the dealership owner’s wife - didn’t say which dealer.

Well, sifting through spare parts that came with it, we found a little pot metal piece of trim with “Osterdorf” on it - turns out it was Bufflo’s Ostendorf dealership, a building now on the national register of historic places.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/dealer/View.php?ID=384

So recently I decided to get the old piece re-plated, and you can see the difference before and after. I understand it was found on the passenger side of the trunk lid, roughly opposite the “Packard” script on the driver’s side, although I don’t know the exact spot, so I suppose I’ll just attach it where I think it looks nice (unless somebody knows exactly where such a thing goes). Fun thing to be able to do given the car’s history.

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_1286.jpeg (1,664.92 KB)
225065_65d54923051b2.jpeg 4032X3024 px

jpeg  IMG_1357.jpeg (1,449.81 KB)
225065_65d5493c7a928.jpeg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 2/20 19:54
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: Fun item for my ‘54
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
So very cool! Finding out about the history of each individual car is such a wonderful dimension to this hobby.
As to placement, do what looks best. I grew up beside a used car dealership with similar die cast pieces they attached to each car they sold. No templates were used for positioning, just an eyeball and a drill to allow the sheet metal screws to fasten it on.
Later they changed to decals so that no holes (that caused rust) were needed. It also helped that they were now multi-coloured and a lot less money!
Bob J.

Posted on: 2/20 20:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The new plating is probably better than it ever had when new!

Posted on: 2/20 21:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
Spencer, I was the one that sold you the car. You should PM me so that we can catch up.

Posted on: 2/21 15:08
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Spencer B.
See User information
Message sent! 👍

Posted on: 2/21 18:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved