Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 230

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Running Boards
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Lgace
See User information
I removed my running boards to get them restored on a 1938 Packard Jr, model 1601, 8 cyl. and one side had a rubber insulator (324851) on the topside of the frame bracket, a metal spacer (326640), cant tell if a lower rubber spacer was used on the bottom side of the frame bracket (had to heat the bolt up to remove them, a lot of smoke) along with the nut, lockwasher, and washer, the other side did not have the insulator(s) and spacer?

The parts book has an "X" in the Per Car column, so their not used?

Does anyone know if the rubber insulator(s) and the metal spacer are the correct configuration? Or, was the running boards were mounted directly to the frame brace? It seems to me that you would want something in between the metal bracket of the running board and the frame bracket.

Also, the parts book calls out a "lower" Insulator but the part number doesn't show-up in the 50.945 section. There is an "X" in the per car column so I guess I don't need to worry about it?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Posted on: 3/13 15:22
Tony
 Top  Print   

Re: Running Boards
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quantity X means the part was used but number needed was not fixed. However many of an item such as a shim or spacer depended on body variations and what was required to make something the item was used with fit or align properly..

Posted on: 3/13 15:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Lgace
See User information
Thanks Forum Ambassador, I looked through that parts book for what "X" meant and never could find it. Now I have to re-evaluate other areas I'm working on to include the "X" items.

Posted on: 3/14 9:52
Tony
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I always like to think that X means "as many as needed". 😀

Posted on: 3/14 17:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
In the Packard Parts Book, it is also often used for liquid items such as brake fluid to indicate the same thing: a variable or non-specific volume.

Posted on: 3/14 18:58
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved