Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 202

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: 2009 CCCA Grand Classic in NJ
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
John, unless I've missed something the Citroen isn't a True Classic and shouldn't have been allowed on the field. But I have always admired the Traction Avant for their engineering cleverness. On the other hand, I think your camera is a Classic.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 8:08
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeremy Adams
See User information
Wow, who owns that LeBaron sport coupe? What gorgeous lines, all over.

Edit: I think that white Buick was at Glenmoor last year.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 8:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm a bit reluctant to give owner's names without their permission, although in the case of these cars I suspect it's pretty common knowledge and probably listed in the CCCA Directory. In any case I'll send you a PM with that info.

Posted on: 2009/4/22 8:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Owen

I guess I wasn't clear-the Traction Avant was a "spectator". Citroens are aggressively non classics, like Fords

It was painted in rather lurid 2 tone scheme- to my knowledge all post war Tractions were black

John Harley

Former Citroen owner

Posted on: 2009/4/22 21:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
"The show was lots of fun. I'm trying to figure out how to get an Isotta into my budget"

That's simple -- sell some of those cameras...

Posted on: 2009/4/22 21:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
EC

Won't work-no Leicas.

JH

Posted on: 2009/4/23 22:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Dave
Thanks for the photos. Two things, and I don't mean to be picky. Sorry if it sounds like it.
1. The "1932" convertible coupe is, I believe, a 1933 (unless someone has put 1933 fenders on a '32.

2. You mentioned that three of the LeBaron coupes are in New Jersey and one in Maine. One of the New Jersey cars has been sold. It is now located in Cincinnati, along with an authentic phaeton and an authentic boattail speedster. There are now two collections that have a complete set of authentic, original-bodied 1934 LeBaron customs, the one in Maine and the one in Cincinnati.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 7:14
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
West, I knew as I wrote up the meet that if I made a mistake or was out of date on something, I'd have you looking over my shoulder to bring the current and correct info forth. And thanks for doing that - I do mean that. Nice that two collections now have the full set of authentic LeBarons. If you could send me a PM, let me know which NJ car was sold.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 9:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The LeBaron coupe that is located in Maine is one of many fine Packards in Bahre Collection located in Oxford Maine

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/4/24 10:46
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks John, I've visited the Bahre collection a few times, most recently after the PAC Danvers (Boston) National and toured along with his very original 1108 LeBaron phaeton at the Greenwich (CT)Concours a few years back, myself in a 36 Cord convert, and in the absence of reverse, first and third, doing my share of pushing! Not fun, a treat for sure but glad the Cord wasn't my car.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 11:04
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved