Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 144

HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 31 »

Re: DO NOT TRUST BTV
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have always thought that a new master cylinder casting in the same outward cosmetic shape, but new convention internal design would be a no brainer and make everyone happy. There could even be a single and dual versions. You would then just reuse your old rebuilt vacuum section. All the original looks for the purists, and modern internal design for peace of mind.

Just need a manufacturer to take on the project. The question it, how many cars would this work for outside of the just the Packard models. That is the first question a manufacturer would ask to figure out what the amortization rate would be on the tooling and manufacturing costs.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 17:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Minor correction: It is 1-3/16 inch diameter. The plunger is 0.655 diameter.

I stand corrected but knew between the two pieces, it was effectively a small cylinder. At any rate, still nothing will bolt onto the BTV power unit.

Am also wondering if anyone had a response to someones question re failures on other model Packards. If so, I missed it. Sure would be interesting if V8's are the only ones appearing to have problems.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 18:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Hi all,

Update: As yet we haven't done much to the 55, we have had the reairs quoted ans assessed for the insurance company. Now the fun begins...

Currently we are having problems with the 34 Packard, (what are the odds) she keeps blowing head gaskets but we should have this problem solved in the next day or two then we'll begin on the 55 to remove and examine the BTV and determine what went wrong so hopefully we can put this case to bed. Then we can start fixing the car

P.S. If anyone has a lower bumper section for the 55 please let me know

I will keep you all informed of any progress

Regards,
Mathew

Posted on: 2009/11/25 18:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Oh, Please forgive me for my ignorance!I foolishly thought Safety was the issue regardless of the topic of this thread.Speak plainly and you wont be misunderstood.I can see protocol is more important to you.I was only trying to let people see that there are other issues,Other than the BTV, a system we all know is a piece of junk at best.But what is the difference if you kill someone with brake failure or steering failure!!!Just because you never heard of the problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.To do so would put you in the same light as those you "smack' as you put it on the BTV.I apologize for my lack of Pc knowledge.but If "protocol" is more important to you,As it seems to be by your comments, then I pegged you correctly!Very sincerely, Brian Wilcox

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Speak clearly and you wont be misunderstood!

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Then what did you just say??????? STFU??????????????? Speak clearly and you wont be misunderstood!

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
You got it!!!!

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 31 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved