Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: So I went to Ebay today and looked at Packards for sale...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Agreed, there's nothing wrong with selling a parts car.

And also agreed that cars shouldn't be sent to the crusher.

I just looked at these particular examples, one (at least) of which was listed as "restorable" and thought that really, IMHO, they weren't.

Every one who replied has made a valid point. Perhaps my judgement call was too hasty?...

Posted on: 2009/12/24 17:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The thing to remember, ANY car is restorable, it just depends on how much money you want to throw at it. To paraphrase an old saying, one man's parts car is another man's pride and joy.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 17:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
The thing to remember, ANY car is restorable, it just depends on how much money you want to throw at it. To paraphrase an old saying, one man's parts car is another man's pride and joy.

Very true. And I think I let my own VERY limited body/mechanical repair skills impede my judgement.

So, to totally change the subject - MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY NEW YEAR!...

Posted on: 2009/12/24 17:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
i bought my two 55 Patricians as parts cars. I paid next to nothing for them because the previous owner thought they werre too far gone. In fact, the one is in awsome shape and will not take much to make a nice driver.

My 56 was in good shape when i bought it, and it was going to be scrapped just because no one knew what to do with it.

Posted on: 2009/12/25 20:30
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Duane Gunn
See User information
I bought my 55 Clipper and was told it was running. After I dragged it home I found it had 4 bent pushrods. After rebuilding the engine, transmission, brakes, patching the floor boards, rocker panels, rust holes in the front fenders, new paint job, new interior, and repaired many other things the car was running. This should have been labeled a parts car. It was bought by the owner as a parts car. It is now running around Phoenix, looking pretty as it should. But I now admit I bought a parts car and put it back where it should be, on the road.

Posted on: 2010/1/7 6:03
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved