Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
181 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 180

Marvin, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Source for a throw out bearing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Richard Taylor
See User information
T/O bearing-BCA pn#1625 note- slightly smaller I.D on this bearing , reqires small amount of T/O collar machining.

Pilot bearing -BCA pn# 7109 . I don't recall any mods for this bearing.

Both these Pn#'s are very common bearing's . They fit several applications -from an AMC Eagle to a Sunbeam Tiger !

I look for pics of the collar mod,don't remember if I took any.

Posted on: 2010/1/15 16:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Eric, Looks like we all have to stick together on the parts situation. I think most of us are not working with unlimited supplies of money. Maybe more people will add their parts information to the Parts X-Ref page.

Posted on: 2010/1/15 18:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
And if someone offered you three times much for your car, would you sell it? I dont mind them setting high price. If they can sell them at 278% profit, more power to them. If I can find one cheaper, than I will buy it. It's what the market will bear. Also what I don't like (Portlandon can atest to this) is people calling up the parts place for advice and then buyingthe parts from the cheapest place.

The answer to your first question is yes. I also think that anyone that will pay an exorbanantly high price for a part just because money is no object artifically creates demand hence higher prices for all.

The answer to your last statement: I was not referring to obtaining advice only the part. The prices are printed in their catalogs.

Posted on: 2010/1/15 18:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
What I really hate is paying high prices for parts and service and then getting crap. I'd like to think that if I don't nickle and dime someone I will in return receive fair value for the money spent.

Posted on: 2010/1/15 19:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Eric, Looks like we all have to stick together on the parts situation. I think most of us are not working with unlimited supplies of money. Maybe more people will add their parts information to the Parts X-Ref page.

I was good for that when I was working in parts. I have the uncanny ability to look at something and be able to tell if it will fit, or if it can be easily made to fit. I very rarely use a tape measure and have a 99.9999% accuracy rating when it comes to eyeballing something. Now that I'm not working in the auto parts business I don't have access to multitudes of parts like I used to. Hell, when I was working for Cessna I was looking at aircraft parts and figuring out where stuff can go on a car... That's how I got my fuel cap and cupholders.... LOL!

Posted on: 2010/1/15 20:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Quote:

I was good for that when I was working in parts. I have the uncanny ability to look at something and be able to tell if it will fit, or if it can be easily made to fit. I very rarely use a tape measure and have a 99.9999% accuracy rating when it comes to eyeballing something. Now that I'm not working in the auto parts business I don't have access to multitudes of parts like I used to. Hell, when I was working for Cessna I was looking at aircraft parts and figuring out where stuff can go on a car... That's how I got my fuel cap and cupholders.... LOL!

I must hasve the opposite genes you have

Posted on: 2010/1/17 0:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Quote:

The answer to your last statement: I was not referring to obtaining advice only the part. The prices are printed in their catalogs.

Sorry if youthink I was inferring that you were one of the ones that call around for free advice and then shop for the cheapest deal. I was just trying to explain what some of the tribulations part shops go through.

Of course then those are the ones that never call back or take 2 weeks to answer an email.

Posted on: 2010/1/17 0:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved