Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 156

BigKev, Todd W. White, Gary Kulp, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Backgrounds of my Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Here's a poor pic... I may change the white roof:

Attach file:

jpg  (47.36 KB)
2116_4bdae24688b75.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/4/30 8:59
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Your doors appear to fit better, mine stick out a bit above the rockers on one side, and i'm not sure quite how to fix it.

If this means what I think, I do believe this is/was a fairly common issue. Some cars are great with fit and others seem to be slightly less than horrible. There are a few suggestions in the body section of 55-6 manual but the 51-4 book goes into detail and methods of correcting better than the 55-6 does. There is one suggestion about spring hammering a particular flange if the problem not too severe--although am not sure I would try very hard even with protecting the paint--and there is not a lot of flange to bump down anyway so anything more than maybe a slight bit over requires something else. Another solution is "torquing" the door by placing an object on one corner to hold it out while pressing on the one that needs to go in. That takes a bit of practice though and might get things into more trouble. Am actually surprised the sedan has much issue as ones I've seen are usually the long heavy doors on hardtops which seem to be a bit prone to sag.

One thing I have also noticed is if you have repro weatherstrip, it seems a bit harder or maybe thicker than the original and doesn't compress well which adds to the problem. On mine, without weatherstrip all was beautiful but as soon as that was installed, have the same sticking out problem and the weatherstrip doesn't seem to be compressing much.

Posted on: 2010/4/30 9:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Try this site:

Zabasearch.com

I found:

David J Lattimer Born 1957
911 St. Clair Ave
Clairton,PA 15025
412-233-4920

DAVID J LATTIMER Born 1957
102 DIVISION RD
PARKER, PA 16049

DAVID J LATTIMER Born Jan 1957
108 JO DEENER DR
ZELIENOPLE, PA 16063

Posted on: 2010/4/30 11:38
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Xavier Brulez
See User information
@ Portlandon: Thank you !! Great !! I will try to make contact with these men.

Xavier

Posted on: 2010/4/30 17:02
Resized Image PONTIAC FIREBIRD 3.1 V6 '91 + FIREBIRD Esprit 4.1 L6 '80 + CHEVROLET CAPRICE Wagon 5.0 V8 '87 [img]http://uniform.messageboard.nl/10060/images/smiles/fl
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved