Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 188

todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 68 69 70 (71) 72 73 74 ... 257 »

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I see Max Merritt has them listed for $239.00. I wonder how they are different than the Quiet Ride ones, or perhaps they are the same and that is where Max gets them from.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 14:27
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Kev. If u get a chance can u post the instructions or add the instructions for the timing lite to this web site for downloading ????

Posted on: 2010/5/4 14:43
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"Basically you remove spark plug #1, one wire snaps over the plug, and the other wire snap into the plug wire."

Did u really mean to say:

"Basically you remove spark plug (WIRE) #1, one (timing lite ) wire snaps over the plug, and the other (timing lite) wire snaps into the plug wire.

i.e. Do not remove the spark plug, just remove the wire from the plug.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 14:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
PackardV8, the neon timing lights just go in series with the spark plug, no external power required. There are two high tension leads, one goes on the spark plug and the other onto the spark plug wire that you removed from the plug. The only problem with them is that the light is not very intense so you need to use it inside a dark garage or similar - outdoors in the daylight you'd never be able to see the light.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 14:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Thanks Owen for the clarification.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 15:04
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave was able to explain much better than I was. The light itself in not very bright and it throws off an orangish light. I understand now why they went to Xenon bulbs.

But it did work great on the Packard. I wonder what year it was made? There was no information on the unit itself or the instruction sheet. It almost looks like it was from the 50s based on the type-setting used on the instruction sheet. But I cant find anything else to compare it to for reference.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 15:59
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Sears made those well into the 70s - I bought one around '72 or '73, their "deluxe" version sold under the Penske name, all steel with chrome finish... still works great. Bought the Penske compression tester, dwell meter, and remote starter button too. High quality products, unlike the Chinese crap they sell now. Even their wrenches have gone downhill.

Posted on: 2010/5/4 17:02
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
I see Max Merritt has them listed for $239.00. I wonder how they are different than the Quiet Ride ones, or perhaps they are the same and that is where Max gets them from.
Kev,
They are the same. I know that because when I was searching for mine I found Max sold them and also found Quiet Ride. I called Quiet Ride and asked them a few questions and they stated that Max is one of their vendors.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 7:23
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Good to know! Thanks for the information.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 10:37
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You could probably cover the original with fiberglass for the shape & structure and then cover that with vinyl for looks and still spend less than a new one and not have to mess with cardboard.

With the dash out would be a good time to drill the hole for AC hoses if you know where they need to go. There is an interesting location on that 54 from the Pate auction.

Posted on: 2010/5/5 10:42
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 68 69 70 (71) 72 73 74 ... 257 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved