Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
241 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 240

DaveJr, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

Re: 15% Ethanol
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
What can I say. Could be the direction of your prevailing wind vs the ocean generated breezes here and I guess a few million people with cars in SF area and a few million more in the LA area also have a little to do with it.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 12:28
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Hydrogen may be the most abundant element in the universe, but not on earth in it's singular state. That is the core problem with hydrogen based cars. It takes a lot of energy to liberate the hydrogen from what it's current bound to (ie H20).

I've always wondered why these hybrid and electric cars don't have solar paneled roofs so they can "Top-off" when sitting parked while folks are at work. i wish they made a cellphone for that matter with a solar paneled backside for the same reason.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
/Quote:
i wish they made a cellphone for that matter with a solar paneled backside for the same reason.

If you have an iPhone-----http://www.inhabitat.com/2010/03/11/solar-surge-ipod-and-iphone-cases-are-now-available

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Is it possible to have this moved to the general forum instead of the "For Sale" forum?

I also think that sooner rather than later we'll be moving to a cleaner fuel source, it's only logical. However, I'm not one of the tree hugging hippies that think internal combustion engines are the cause of global warming, I just think that we should be independent from foreign countries when it comes to our fuel supply.

Here in Kansas we've never had the problem of smog or acid rain, etc. The main reason for that is because it's so windy here, something about Nebraska sucks and Oklahoma blows comes to mind....

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Relocation Complete.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 13:44
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Thanks Kev!

Posted on: 2010/10/22 15:09
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
I do not believe that ethanol is the answer. We can grow all the liquid fuel that we need from saw grass and algae.
There is already one independent company converting algae to fuel. One acre of algae gives ten times the energy of one acre of corn.
The chemists that promote this fact are ignored. It has been discussed in congress, but is quickly killed. There is no farm subsidy. Saw grass grows where nothing else does.You don't plant it, you just cut like you do your lawn.
Hopefully common sense will prevail.

Jerry

Posted on: 2010/10/22 18:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Do you really think the day will come where common sense will prevail in Congress?

Posted on: 2010/10/22 18:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Thanks Radio for the enlightenment about the Saw Grass and algea.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 18:57
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Do you really think the day will come where common sense will prevail in Congress?

Only when this happens:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2010/10/22 19:18
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved