Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Project Convertibles up 1948
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
my highly biased and I hope inoffensive comment: If you are seriously considering a 41-48 Packard Convertible, the restoration budget can bear the white wall cost or go with blackwalls. Whitewalls were optional, so blackwalls are also authentic. There are fans of both looks.

I had a very carefully installed set of portawalls on a 41 Plymouth years ago - they looked OK so long as you never hit a curb and cleaned them with Blechwite at least once a week. I would not consider them for a Packard.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 15:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Yes,Diamondback seems correct option. Is there a link where i can buy buy Diamondback?

Posted on: 2010/11/4 9:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Diamond Back Classics, 4753 Highway 90, Conway, South Carolina (SC), USA, 29526, www.dbtires.com, or 1-888-922-1642.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/11/4 9:43
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
You can also get Diamond Back Radials through the Mid Atlantic Packards region of PAC at a discount. Contact Dale Mease..email => measey@atlanticcbb.net

I went through them to get a set this spring and have been very pleased with the results.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 10:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I got a set of Diamondback radials for my 1950 Packard last year and I am very pleased. They were the only radials I could find with the old profile, original dimensions, old style tread design, and correct whitewall width (3 to choose from). I shopped around a lot and the best price was $1000 for the 4 tires. You can go cheaper but the tires are not correct and radials.

Posted on: 2010/11/4 12:03
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Diamondback wide whitewall which are modern radial tires sounds great. Anyone bought the Coker Tire ?
I guess if you are driving your Packard each day on the road, you need modern tires.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 0:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Diamondback wide whitewall which are modern radial tires sounds great. Anyone bought the Coker Tire ?
I guess if you are driving your Packard each day on the road, you need modern tires.
Saw online, Diamond Back MX, and Diamond Back 11 with extra wide whites, $218 each.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 0:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information

Posted on: 2010/11/5 17:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information

Posted on: 2010/11/5 18:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
What seems to be the problem with them? they are half the price of Diamonback tires. Is it that Coker don't last as long as the Diamonback tires?

The correct tire size for Packard super eight convertible 1948 is 7,60.15 I looked on all websites and cant see this size. Do i just need to look at 15" and thats it?
i am bit confused with the old sizes. I typed in size 7,60.15 and nothing came up.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 18:34
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved