Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 148

moodydavid16, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Any chance of finding a 1937 Super Eight 2 passenger coupe body?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Victor
See User information
I have a 1937 Super Eight touring sedan, that is, a 7 passenger sedan, but it is in lowsy condition, a basket case, with some of the mechanical work done, and with good body parts and dashboard. I am thinking that instead of restoring it, I might use it for parts to restore another car, and I have always loved the lines of the 2 passenger coupes from the era.

Would anybody know of such a car for sale? I am not interested or could not afford a complete car, but I am looking for a body or a 'difficult' and incomplete project, as I believe I can use most of the parts from my basket case (dashboard, fenders, bumpers, spare tire covers, wheels, etc.) but surely many of you would know better than I. I would appreciate to hear in case I am wrong.

Of course a convertible would be even better, but I assume there aren't many around to be parted.

I am in no hurry but would love to find a coupe body some day, so if any of you know of one or have a lead for one, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Victor

Posted on: 2011/1/25 21:18
 Top  Print   

Re: Any chance of finding a 1937 Super Eight 2 passenger coupe body?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Might be worth inquiring of the 37 Su8 Victoria on the PAC classifieds just listed in the last couple days...

Posted on: 2011/1/26 0:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Wasn't that 37 coupe with the nailhead a 2 door that was for sale from ontario?

Posted on: 2011/1/26 8:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
yes, that was a 37, but that was a junior car. Victor is hoping to find a Senior body...much, much harder to find....

Posted on: 2011/1/26 9:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
There is a recently restored by Glenn Vaughn 1937 Super Eight coupe (1501-1018) listed for sale in the December 2010 PAC News Bulletin at $195,000 if that is in your price range (NOT in mine).

Posted on: 2011/1/26 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Victor
See User information
Thanks to all for your replies. I don't want a Victoria coupe (5 passenger) but a short coupe with rumble seat, or even better, a convertible of any kind. Of course I could not afford the coupe on sale for $195,000.

Idea is to get a basket case or even worse: a main body shell (may have no hood and fenders) sitted on it's chassis (which can have no other mechanical components on it) or anything slightly better than that.

Thanks!
Victor

Posted on: 2011/1/26 13:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Victor
See User information
Following up on my project, a friend of mine knows of a possible coupe body shell, apparently just the main body shell and nothing else, that is with no fenders, hood, chassis, etc, but before I go any further, I want to 'evaluate' the possibility of success of the idea of doing among that body shell plus my 1502 7 seater parts, a fully correct looking 1501 2 passenger coupe with rumble seat, so I have the following questions that I hope somebody can help me with:

1. Am I correct in assuming that the body is 1937 only? (from the pics I have seen, 1935 and 36 have rear hinged doors, while 1938 has the divided windshield).

2. Would the rear fenders be the same among the 1502 seven seater and a 1501 coupe?

3. Am I correct in assuming that front fenders and hood are the same?

4. Finally, and the most difficult of all... What about chassis length differences? From what I can see at the Model information section, a 1501 chassis (coupe was one of the bodies available in that chassis) had 134" wb, while 1502 had a 139" wb. Is it crazy to have the chassis adjusted or cut and soldered to correct needed length? It may sound crazy, but I have to ask.

Thanks,
Victor

Posted on: 2011/1/29 11:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
I have never heard of anyone modifying a frame to fit a body.

I think you would be biting off a humongous project.

I would seriously doubt that the rear fenders would interchange, but look into the Parts book.

Yes, the front fenders and hood of all 1937 Super Eights are the same.

Posted on: 2011/2/6 19:16
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved