Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Why does my 1953 Patrician 400 have this hood ornament?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Quote:

stephen240 wrote:
Unfortunately she looks WAY better in pictures then she does in real life, but don't get me wrong not a single floor or spot in the trunk is rusted through :)

It won't stay that way long if you leave it parked in the grass like that. Nothing rots out the bottom of a car faster than being parked on long grass.

The reason I suspect it was there for a while is that it appears someone mowed around it then the grass grew up again. This is a disaster for any car.

PLEASE park it on cement or gravel if you can't park it inside. Or even lay down a sheet of plastic and cover it with old carpet. Anything to keep the dampness off the bottom and let the air circulate.

Posted on: 2011/2/25 9:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Jack Chandler
See User information
Does anyone know where I can get a 1951 hood ornament? My car is a 51 but has a 53 ornament. Most likely the original one broke and my grandfather stuck this one on. Jack C.

Attach file:

jpg  (3.11 KB)
3236_4d6dc9cb9c155.jpg 119X90 px

Posted on: 2011/3/1 23:38
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

stephen240
See User information
Quote:

Rusty O\'Toole

It won't stay that way long if you leave it parked in the grass like that. Nothing rots out the bottom of a car faster than being parked on long grass.

The reason I suspect it was there for a while is that it appears someone mowed around it then the grass grew up again. This is a disaster for any car.

PLEASE park it on cement or gravel if you can't park it inside. Or even lay down a sheet of plastic and cover it with old carpet. Anything to keep the dampness off the bottom and let the air circulate.

Hey man this is before she got moved, no worries concrete all the way :)

Posted on: 2011/3/2 12:01
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Jack Chandler
See User information
So I now know this is a 1951 Patrician 400 and it is kept in garage I built last year! Much nicer digs that it was accustomed to for many years. It's not directly heated but being attached to the house it never gets below 40 degrees.

Posted on: 2016/1/14 21:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As far as I know, the cormorant ornament was standard on the 1953 Patrician so I suspect that someone changed it to the Clipper ornament. You could get the cormorant on a Clipper as an accessory but I don't think it worked the other way around!

For the person who asked about a 1951 cormorant, I have one with the base in my Oregon workshop so PM me if you still need it. It would need restoration.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 14:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Somebody took issue with the term "Rocket" for the hood ornament.

That is what was on the dealer invoice for the car.

It stated "Rocket hood ornament $10"

I don't have it anymore so I can't give you the phone number.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 17:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved